What upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candy_Man

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sup everyone i need some advice i got it narrowed to 2 buggys i think either the jammin x1 or the hyper 7 pbs i need something that is very durable and fast id get a kit but am fairly new to nitro i have a revo and now i want a buggy also the revos gonna be my basher and the buggy will be my racer I'm gonna change out the enigne prolly this fall in the buggy and just want some recommendations on what to put in it i want something that isnt a pain in my side to put it in and can someone tell me how fast these buggys are as in mph no one has them down where i live they all have trucks so I've never seen one in action yet.

IMO i would go with the Hyper 7 PBS many of us on here have them and love them extremely durable and reliable the hyper 8 port that comes with them is one hell of a screaming engine very easy to tune, we actually had an officer of the Law clock one of ours and he clocked it at 40mph pretty sweet for bald tires and a slipping clutch, hope this helps with the decision making!

was that on street or dirt? 40MPH on dirt is freakin flying...

Plaidfish said:
was that on street or dirt? 40MPH on dirt is freakin flying...
Thats 40 mph on asphalt, i know when the officer said 40 i was like holy poop and that was with bald tires and slipping clutch he made us do several passes to calibrate his gun and all three times it came back 40 mph!!

Both the Jammin and Hyper cars are very good kits

Hyper 7,PBS is a great deal, but you'll eventualy need a better radio, as the one in the kit is junk. To my knowledge, the Jamin buggy is a ARR, so you would need a radio and motor. Another excellent option is the Mayhem, of course I'm biased, as I own two of them. Either way, you wont be dissapointed, they're all good buggies.

Hyper 7 PCR RTR. Upgrade the radio to FM synth. You'll never go back...

i thought candy_man already bought a mayhem?