Problem with Filter on OS RG X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am running an XTM X-Terminator Pro w/ an OS RG X mill. The problem I am having is with the body. Well the damn thing won't fit for two reasons. One the fuel filter is set to high, and I can figure out now to mount it eslewhere. The second and probably the worst problem is that the filter on that OS is Huge! The body doesn't even come close to fitting over that thing. So I dremeled a hole in the body so the filter would stick out but now that I have done that I realize that my filter is going to clog with dirt before I complete a lap. I realize I am probably going to need a new body now that I butchered the crap out of mine, but does anybody know what else I could do to avoid cutting a huge hole in the body? Thanks

Tom

use a different filter system.

can you post a pic of what your talking about? There are different options, ofna makes a filter tube that is shaped like a C and comes back along the side of the engine, that might work. Something else might be to use a smaller pre filter, somthing like a MGT pre filter, they work great and are very streamline.

can you raise the body? MTs arent really that affected by aerodynamics....

vbgagnon said:
can you post a pic of what your talking about? There are different options, ofna makes a filter tube that is shaped like a C and comes back along the side of the engine, that might work. Something else might be to use a smaller pre filter, somthing like a MGT pre filter, they work great and are very streamline.

Unfortunately I have no pics to post, I can take some but they would be to large to post I believe. I can tell you a bit about my situation. The OS filter is pretty large, and the buggy body sits low, What I had to do to make clearence for the filter was bore a hole in the side of the body like I had to fo the cooling head on the mill. This unfortunately will subject my filter to much dirt and possibly even crash damage. I can try to get some pic though if this does not help. Thanks again guys.

Tom

Umm Sorry bout the last MT comment I forgot which Forum I was in...

Plaidfish said:
Umm Sorry bout the last MT comment I forgot which Forum I was in...

No worries my friend. I know you were trying to help and that is just fine with me. Take care.

Tom

also the air filer that the hyper 7's use will work great. it lays down and is very low profile. i would definatley consider that filter.

Dude... I have an X-terminator pro and I had a RG-P.... The filter is really good. all you have to do is make it so that the filter is at a slant (the end of the filter is almost touching the cf on the center diff.

I know... WHY would they put the fuel filter in THAT spot??? i just cut a hole to make the fuel filter fit in so its sticking out a bit. I havent had ANY damage to it so far. I'm getting a new body soon so... yeah...

Buggyracer,

I have been looking at taking the long screw that holds the top on the fuel tank and replacing it with the long screw that holds the fuel filter on and mounting the filter right next to the filler cap on the tank. I was looking at that as a possibility. As far as the big air filter on the OS mill, you say to put it at an angle toward the center and it should work? I am looking for all kinds of possiblities to remount that thing. I hear the super filter on that OS is really good and I should keep it. But I had to cut such a big hole in the body that I am going to fill that filter full of dirt, not to mention the entire inside of the buggy with so much dirt, I don't know if it is worth it. I know the buggy is going to get dirt inside but I would like to minimize as much as I can. Thanks dude.

Tom

look into the Ofna filter as mentioned. they also have an aftermarket filter set which is really nice too. RB makes a good filter, Fioroni, Motorsavers, and Dynamite. those are the ones I've seen personally, and would run on my cars.

Alright I will take a look and see if the Ofna or one of the others mentioned will work. Thanks for the info guys.

I am kinda in the same boat. The filter that came with my Mayhem doesn't fit well under the body. I'm afraid it may put too much interference on the throttle/brake linkage. Does anyone know of a filter that is more oval shaped? So that the intake area is about the same volume, but that can fit in the gap between the body and linkage better? If not, is anyone interested in inventing one?

Always interested in Fabrication.... but what could you make it out of? PVC hose is a little thick and stiff.... hmmm... got the brain going though..

Why do they make filters on buggies that won't allow the body to fit is my question. If you try to mash the body on... like you said Candyman you put to much presure on the throttle and brake linkages....

most pre filters will rub on your servos
are you sure you have your pipe the right way round, most have a long end and a short end, if you had to cut a hole in the body, have you put it out the right side of the car, that is very unusual

Back