Servo Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi11

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What ignorant mistake am I making when my steering is reversed? That I know i didn't change anything on the remote. I did just put a new hitech servo in.

if you're sure you didn't change anyting on the Tx you possibly could have installed the servo incorrectly or maybe the servo savor is backwards. If it's a mechanical problem we might be able to help a little better if you let us know what kind of vehicle this is in.

How could the servo saver be on backwards? It seems like it can only plug in one way. I have a Hyper7 pbs.

ok, I'm sure that will help some. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that vehicle so the help can't come from me.

since it's a buggy the servo savor idea doesn't really apply. I was thinking if it was a servo spline style savor (like on a T-Maxx). In that case if it were on backwards it would turn the wheels the wrong way.

does the servo lay down?

n/m.. I found a pic of one. I see it stands up. well, the only way I can see that it could be messed up mechanically is if the servo horn is mounted in the wrong direction. the linkage should attach to the horn to the inside of the servo. other than that I don't know.

There may be a couple possiblilties. You say that all you did was swap servos. So, I am thinking of 2 things. First, you may have inadvertently put the servo horn on the opposite direction as Lessen eluded to. That will reverse the steering. Or, it's possible that the Hitec servo is pinned differently than your previous servo. If the pos and neg wires are reversed in the plug as compared to your previous servo, it will run backwards. Different makes of servos have their wires pinned in different order. You may want to check that. If it looks like the pos, neg and common are in the proper order and the servo horn is on the same side of the servo as before, then just reverse your steering channel on your radio and be done with it....

yeah, I had thought about the wiring myself after I had gone to bed... that would definately cause the reversal. I wasn't sure if if all servos were geared in a "standard" fassion or not.

hitec servo is probably wired backwards to your old servo, so you can do 1 of 2 things the harder one is to change the pins around in the plug so it knows left is left and not right, or you can just reverse your control if it has the function, if hasnt buy a new control as well :)

mikeburgin said:
hitec servo is probably wired backwards to your old servo, so you can do 1 of 2 things the harder one is to change the pins around in the plug so it knows left is left and not right, or you can just reverse your control if it has the function, if hasnt buy a new control as well :)
you don't rep for a radio manufacturer do you???????? :devious:

I'm sure all radios, other than something from Kmart has a servo reverse function.
If it isn't on the front or back of the unit, you'll find them inside the battery compartment.

Plaidfish said:
you don't rep for a radio manufacturer do you???????? :devious:
HAHAHAHA no i rep for mugen NZ