Need new Motor for my buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djmason9

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well it happen I was running my car around it went out of control and POP! the motor blew. So I need a new one. I only want to spend 200 tops what is a good one I should consider? The one I had was a Force .26 I would like something just as powerful. Also is there a pipe I could use that would be quiter.

I would get the hyper 8 port race. Its way faster and its race legal so if you wanted to get into competitive racing you would be all set. That and the os rg or the v-spec are nice choises but the v-spec is around 300. Picco has a 27 that jsut came out and it looks so cool but its not race legal i dont know if that wil be an issue for you or not. Good luck. What buggy did you blow the force 26 in??

If you do go with the hyper8 port witch is a good mill IMO..
You will need a new pipe and header the header on the .26 is bigger and will not fit on .21 mills.The pipe will work but will not let the .21 run like it is supposed to
you will need to get a .21 pipe lots to pick from...

os rg i think would suit you well. you can get a pullstart version or non pullstart for 20 or so less and they are high quality engines. if you wanted to race youd be able to keep up with that engine and it will last oyu a long time. the tuning on it is easy and should be a good match for you. then get a jp-1 or jp-2 pipe, they are strong but i dont think roar legal yet not sure. they wont dent on you tho like softer pipes will, and the stinger wont fold into the pipe when u get hit by another buggy

I doubt I will race I mostly bash. I have the Ofna Violator 9.5 It ran good however I need to upgrade the radio and steering servo. What about the sound of the pipe it is so loud my neighbors are complaining. Any suggestions for a quieter pipe?

djmason you could try running a INSS box as well, INDUCTION NOISE SILENCING SYSTEM, not sure if they make em for the off roads, but they definatley do for the on roads, alot of the noise produced is from induction noise, specially on a bigger donkey
as far as a quieter pipe, get a 2 chamber pipe, damn site quieter than a single chamber

depends on how much racing vs not you do.

OS RG is a great all around motor that wont break the bank (1/2 ur budget). plus when it is finally time to hang it up. u can keep the carb and then if u have a hyper put that OS carb on it. which'll make any hyper finally run right and do so everytime.

-Ult

I like the hyper 8 race port one. I might try that one. the Specs look good.

If you want a beast, try out the Wasp .28. It has tons of power in all RPM ranges. The price is around 160-170 for some kick ass power.

Another one to look at is the XTM 24.7. Its a cheaper engine but still has great torque. It lacks a little on the high end, but it makes up for it in the low end.

i have a hyper 8 port motor and it is the best budget .21 motor i have ever bought. it can keep up with the best of them, and its easy to tune and keeps its tune very well.

hypers like OS carbs. otherwise make sure it sealed and keep on top of the needles. sadly.

the GS b01 motor is good and cheap as well, also worth rebuildin as a new P/S is only 35bux.

depends on what u want.

-ult

what about a l-collari the cheap and put out a ton of power, longevity seems to be good to

Back