My naked EB4 S3 w/ RB S5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comp75

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Thought some might like to see. They include an all alum. center brace with the kits now. Some have been breaking the graphite on the larger jumps.

Attachments

• DCP_1236.JPG
    DCP_1236.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DCP_1237.JPG
    DCP_1237.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DCP_1238.JPG
    DCP_1238.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DCP_1239.JPG
    DCP_1239.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 101
Nice now fill it with fuel and cake it in mud

I am making the first track run this Saturday if it is not raining. Going for some testing and set up Friday.

I hear ya. The one thing u will always remember is your first track run good luck

Nice ride you got there, i love how the shocks are mounted between the A-arms for a little added protection. Good Luck @ the track.

It looks good.Give us a review on that buggy.I have heard the steering slider bends easily.Did you put the traxxas ball ends on it yet for steering?

highflyin said:
Did you put the traxxas ball ends on it yet for steering?

explain a little more. I haven't heard anything about the ball ends. Only thing I have heard giving problems was the center graphite wasn't holding up on the us tracks but they include the aluminum in the kit now with the graphite as well.

You know that posting "naked" pictures is against the RCNT rules. I mean what if someone's 13 yr old kid was browsing the forum and ran into these scandelous pics of your buggy without a lid. Jezz man think about the kids!! :jk:

It looks awsome. I haven't read many people comments on the WS5. Let us know what you think about it. I hear it's got a lot of torque.

Man! I want one of those!!!!!!!!!!

well. My first impression. I went ahead and got the traxxes ball ends before I even started. Couldn't keep it straight for nothing. No traction at all. Went in bought a set of crimefighters and wow. I didn't think a set of tires could make like something totally different. I ran 5/5/2 diff oil set up and 50f/40r shock oils with both balls in the piston. I felt like I was running a touring car it handled so well. I did no set up other than eyeball it close. I beat on this thing hardcore 6 straight hours, only stopping for a smoke/cool down session. The S5 finely started coming into its own today. To much power to come on that quick on this newbie. Anything else you all want to know? I will post some pics of her dirty and with the lid later.

comp75 said:
I will post some pics of her dirty and with the lid later.

First naked pics, and now dirty? Jeez what has thi world come to?

Glad to here you had a good first run. :cheers:

Good to hear you had a good day.The tires are the most important part of your setup.I have read really good things about that buggy.Post some of the pics of after you ran it.

nice, so that's what it'll look like when I put it together. So sad, I've been waiting 2 months for it now it just sits there in the box. I think I'm gonna put mine together next weekend maybe. I was thinking about those tires myself, let me know how they work at your track....

The knuckles 2.0 did not do so well. I ended up buying a set of crimefighters the first day of running it. When I did change over to the crimefighters it felt like it was on rails. It handled so well I could not believe it. Seemed like a whole nother car with just a tire change.

what kinda surface have you been runnin on? those are knuckles in the pic right? They have a lot of high surface area. Probably run pretty smooth on pavement but I doubt they are very grippy on dirt.. especially mildly loose to loose dirt. I'm not sure if I want to get a pair of all around tires(like those pictured) or tires specifically for the track. I plan to race but I'm not really sure how much I'm realistically gonna be able to do this year

The track I was on was a hard pack, bumpy with loose dirst on top. Real slick to me. The crimefighters was a hude improvement. I will ust the knucles for bashing or racing on my sticky track.

Knuckles work well on blue groove or hard pack clay style tracks, crime fighters or jollys for loose

Back