Buggy pulls to right at half throttle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay I want to make sure my OFNA is right before I take the mill out and put in new buggy.....when I'm starting out and driving under half throttle it steers fine...once I hit the straight and punch it it pulls so hard to the right I spin out and loose it...I checked the toe and camber, looks fine...the 9.5 pro really doesn't have much adjustment there.....unless you buy a new plate for the arm pins to be moved....what's the best way to check the chassis for being bent where I don't have to take it all apart? and what else shoud I check?

try checking radio glitching... i know that might sound wierd but make sure all metal to metal parts are locktited with blue locktite, and take all little metal shims off linkages and replace them with fuel line, change your receiver batteries. also check your radio crystal, it may have gotten damaged from a big jump landing or something. i dont know what else could cause that. that is definatley wierd.

I'm pretty sure my radio equipment is fine.....it has to be an allignment or power issue....the steering is still straight its almost like the right front corner is pulling it off track....any one ever have a diff problem that does this?

I was asking as U was tellin....
I just rebuilt the front diff....I'm gonna try it again monday nite...til then it's MUTANT TIME...

Yeah bearings could be the cause. If you rebuilt your diff's, then you obviously still have your CVD's.
That was my first thought. That you aren't getting power to one side of the buggy.
Make sure you don't have a rock or something jamming stuff up in the diff cups.

the diff was a little crunchy when I ran it but i had a new set of diff guts on order so I wasn't going to rebuild it and then do it again a few days later......the bearings feel fine???...I didn't feel any binding in them.....I'll see what the rebuild did....I had to rebuild my PC and my buggy tonite.....what a bitch......I'm tired....it's martoonie time....thanks for all the suggestions guys...I'll have to wait till monday to find out if i got it......if not I gonna ned more ideas on this one....

yes its 4WD...OFNA 9.5 pro.....and I checked the bearing on the diff case carrier and the steering knuckle bearings...this is the buggy I wrecked the front right end on 2 times since X-max eve......to where I've changed the C-hub, sleeves and screws, Steering knuckle & CVD both times (CVD only once)....Does everybody wreck their stuff every time or most of the times you run???? I rarely come home w/o some major damage to something......LOL.....good thing I enjoy that part of it though.....

I just got a set of the CnC knuckles for it too...should beef up the front end a little

if you have a slight bend in that cvd, you could have this problem as well. its either a binding or alignment issue. its just a matter of finding it. it could be in the front or the rear. just check ALL driveline bearings, cvd's for straightness, toe plates for straightness, diffs for proper smooth action, etc.

that CVD is bent...how does that cause the more pull on that corner though?...The bend is very slight.....

because it requires more power to spin it due to some binding. if that side binds, the opposite side recieves more power because thats how diffs work. since the left side will have more power and be working more efficiently, it will force the car to the right. almost all 1/8th scales will pull to one side on pavement because of the rotational inertia of thier shaft style driveline, however on dirt this isnt noticable because there is less traction. so if yours is still pulling to one side off-road, i would say that bent CVD is your problem.

oh and you may not feel the extra binding when you turn it by hand, but when its spinning a few thousand RPM's it does matter.

Just adding to the above info...

Your steering servo is pretty strong right? The motor's not over powering the servo. I've heard that happens in onroad cars (torque steer). Also, is your servo saver tight? If that's loose you'll have this problem and you won't be able to make a tight turn either.

I think Big freak is on the money with torque steer. If you go strait using a smooth throttle from 0 to full but pull to one side with abrupt acceleration, its the torque of your mill pulling it to one side. On many cars and trucks you can adjust this with the slipper. On a Buggy, you need to minimize it by changing the thickness of your dif oils

it pulls in the middle of the power band no matter how I apply throttle....I'll change the CVD tonite.....I checked the steering links (all tight and move freely) and the servo is a hitec digital w/ 165 in/lbs tq.......the CVD didn't feel like it was binding but the logic in the esplainin U did sounds good......anyone know how to check the chassis for bends w/o takin everything off....it looks flat when I put it on a table w/ no wheels....is that about it for checking stuff? I can't run Mon nite anyway...I have a class to teach for 3 weeks....Damn that's one track nite gone....I only get 2 a week so for now I only have 1....bummer

Back