rechargeable AA NiMH battery's from radioshack?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytimmy14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
would it be ok if i picked up some rechargeble NiMH AA cells from radioshack. i know that they only put out 1.2 volts of power each, but radioshack has different power cells, like 1200 MAH and 2000 MAH. if i were to pick up the rechargeable NiMH 2000 MAH AA cells from radioshack would they work in my hyper PBS

it will work but u will only pe putting out 4.8 volts and most servos run at their best on 6v. They will work but the servos will not pull as hard or be as fast as they could be if they were running on 6v

Tarant hit the nail on the head. Besides, the batts you buy at the shack will probably cost you not much less than a hump pack at the LHS. I think mine was like $20 or something? Also, instead of getting a peak charger to charge the hump pack, ask for an overnight charger for it. They are much cheaper and you get a better charge in the end. Downside is you have to wait a long time for it to charge (like the glow igniters).

Back