Entered my 1st race.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypedonrc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've always went to practice night at the local track, and always thought I did OK. I can stay on the track, and not hit the pipe too much, so I thught I'd enter the race last Sat. since I was driving pretty well that day, and had a Sat. off work. I guess I know where I stand now. Qualified 9th in the C main, and finished 7th. Not too bad for my 1st race I guess, but I had hoped to do better. Oh well, still can't wait to try again! :cheers:

LOL I'm right there with ya man...I'm trying to get amped to enter my first race.....but there are a lot of good drivers at mills pond where I go.....they just re-did the track for a big race last weekend......7th is pretty damn good for the first race i'd say...congratulations....

Thanks, but did you notice it was in the C main? LOL!!! I'm not worried about it. I just do it for fun, and fun it is. 6th place had one more lap than me, and it only got worse from there. I post a link to the results whenever the local track updates thier site.

I bet that if you were to go a few more times you would improve immensely! I'm sure you made alot of nervous mistakes that you don't normally make, and just the fact that you "have" to go fast will freak anybody out if its their first time. Give it a few more tries and you'll be on top of your game.

LOL...no i didn't notice that part....Oh well always room for improvement

Gotta start somewhere, right? Next race you'll probably do better. As long as it's still fun it doesn't matter where you finish..

Yeah, like I said I can't wait to do it again. It was really hard not to try to go balls out. Every time I tried to pick up the pace a little I started getting sloppy. Not to make excusses at all, but the track was really wet, and slippery at first. Couldn't even give it gas on the tight turns without spinning out. It dried up around the 3rd qualifier though. I think my pulse is going up just talking about it! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

You're lucky you can go and practice. The place I went last summer was 2 hours away. I finally got smart and started leaving house at 5:30 in the morning so I could be there for 7:30-8:00 to put in some practice tanks.

Curiously, how many mains did they have? only 3? and how many guys in the C main? seven? LOL :jk: man. I suck and I accept it. Stick time. Stick time. Stick time. That's how you get better. :)

Plaidfish said:
stick time?!?!?!!?
Are we dating ourselves here?

Don't go derailing the thread man.

Yeah. This time they had A, B, and C for 1/8 scale buggies. 10 people in each I think.

Hyped; Hey Man, congrats!!!

How long of a day is Saturday racing @ crcrc??

Mr T

Practice 1pm-4pm then qualify 3 times, and by the time all the races were over it was about 10pm.

I am trying to get in the race scene in the local track but my schedule just got complicated. I did a test run with a group of us and I came out 5th and I was ALL OVER THE PLACE. That was with my PCR Pro and the Ofna 8 port 21,JP-2 pipe and Crime fighters. Its totally Different when you are alone cuz you don't care where you end up on the track but trying to drive around, alongside other drivers cars is a task. I found myself fightng not to run into people or land on them.

Good job on your first run !!!

bigfreak said:
You're lucky you can go and practice. The place I went last summer was 2 hours away. I finally got smart and started leaving house at 5:30 in the morning so I could be there for 7:30-8:00 to put in some practice tanks.

Curiously, how many mains did they have? only 3? and how many guys in the C main? seven? LOL :jk: man. I suck and I accept it. Stick time. Stick time. Stick time. That's how you get better. :)

Where do you race? Deltarc by chance?

Lol. reminds me of my first time running on a track. I drove about 20 mph and would roll over the jumps lol! It was still incredibly fun. o well it just takes time. I m still not a pro by any means. Well good luck. C-main isnt that bad... :hammer:

Hey your doing better than me lol I'm just trying to beat my record of driving my Maxx more than 20 minutes with out breaking or something woing wrong hehe. I think you did awesome for your first time. You finished the race!!! and not it last place I'm sure there alot of people who break or just mess up and done even finsih. I'm sure after some more practices you will be posting threads like. I WON my first race!!!! Good luck.

Jesse

JESSE G said:
I'm sure after some more practices you will be posting threads like. I WON my first race!!!!

I can only hope!!!

slower is faster when your new. make sure though u get the hot set of tires that work on that track. there's most of ur setup issue solved right there.

-ult

Tires are the one thing I have figured out. Might lower the top rear shock mounting point next time. I noticed several other buggies running then at the bottom, and others in the middle, but I was one of anly a couple I saw running them at the top.

Here is a pic of my buggy

Here is a link to pics of the track as it was Sat.
http://crcrc.com/pictures.php?mode=1&dir=MT2_11_05

They still haven't updated the results.

Hey, I've only raced once and I sucked... well my car sucked, pipe came off twice, then glitching. Didn't even get to race once so i can't really call it a first race.... o well, I just moved and now there are 2 tracks 20 mins away each!!! yeah baby.

BTW, my thread SUT/BUGGY change.... I see alot of people at your track (according to the websites pics that you posted) there are tons of truggys. It also looks like some people just have every thing visible to be buggy but they have MT wheels? do you know any info about this? or do they really have everything set up for truggys. Cuz I'm REALLY considering changing my x-term into a truggy.

Back