hyper PBS or PCR?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytimmy14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys i just recieved my hyper 7 PBS in the mail today but I'm not sure that it is a PBS lol. i actually think that it is a PCR. becuase the one that i recieved came with a black 8 port engine head instead of the purple head one. and mine also came with the blue shock springs. and it also came with the black air filter mount with the blue air filter. but the buggy came in a PBS box with PBS stickers.i checked on the ofna website and in the ofna catalog and I'm almost sure that i got a PCR. did this happen to anyone else? did i get ripped off or is the PCR better than the PBS?

timmytimmy14 said:
hey guys i just recieved my hyper 7 PBS in the mail today but I'm not sure that it is a PBS lol. i actually think that it is a PCR. becuase the one that i recieved came with a black 8 port engine head instead of the purple head one. and mine also came with the blue shock springs. and it also came with the black air filter mount with the blue air filter. but the buggy came in a PBS box with PBS stickers. did this happen to anyone else? did i get ripped off or is the PCR better than the PBS?

LOL the PBS and The pcr are about the same does it have the lay down servo tray?? If you got a pcr your money ahead... Any way when I recived my PCR it came in the PBS box but had a PCR sticker on it.

The Hyper 7 PCR RTR will come with a purple head, a purple air filter holder, and the holder is bolted to the top of the receiver box and points entirely to the back. Also, all the servos are in laydown position, and all your stickers for your body will say "PCR". Mine looks exactly like the one in the OFNA webpage.

Revo when I got my PCR it came with the black head and it came with both sets of stickers..

When I got mine it was in a bps box with a sticker saying PCR edition. It hada black head with a purple head protector, blue springs, purple airfilter, and laydown servos. It also had all pcr stickeres.

Z your fuel line went out today!

vbgagnon said:
When I got mine it was in a bps box with a sticker saying PCR edition. It hada black head with a purple head protector, blue springs, purple airfilter, and laydown servos. It also had all pcr stickeres.

mine had all of that stuff except for the laydown servos and PCR stickers. mine came with PBS stickers. and there was no sticker on the box saying that it was a PCR, it was a PBS box

PCRis just coolsince you have the option to run the C hub or the PBS suspension. Then again I got the kit version. Building is better for me. Not too sure on the rtr verions of the PCR. Love the PCR

Zandor, you are right. I meant to say purple head protector. It does have a black head. And RTR will only have PBS, no C-Hub option. ALL PCR come with two laydown servos (locations for Pro kit). And mine only came with PCR stickers, but heck, this is not a perfect hobby so I bet some kits went out with both. Last clue it is a PCR is the rear facing, purple plastic air intake filter.

Back