looking for a good buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan_454

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys whats up
i am thinkin of getting a buggy but i dont want to spend more then like 475 on one. i have been looking the volator 9.5 and the hyper 7 pcr. just want to know what your opioion was on them and also if there is a better buggy you could recommend for a little less and no i am not say that the violator and the hyper7 pcr are bad they are amazing but just wonder what you would recommend for a first time buggy owner

also i forgot to say that i am going to be doing more bashing then racing so i would need one that wouldnt break :cheers:

Nathan_454 said:
hey guys whats up
i am thinkin of getting a buggy but i dont want to spend more then like 475 on one. i have been looking the volator 9.5 volator 9.5 and the hyper 7 pcr. just want to know what your opioion was on them and also if there is a better buggy you could recommend for a little less and no i am not say that the violator and the hyper7 pcr are bad they are amazing but just wonder what you would recommend for a first time buggy owner

First off the volator 9.5 Is a big POS trust me on this one!

for the money you want to spend go for the PCR you can't go wrong

Can't go wrong with the PCR.it has all the hopups that you want pretty much except for two parts IMO. The 9.5 violator , well you should research that one.

you can get a good used Kanai III for cheap.......

i have a jt racing truggy conversion on a mbx4 xr werks buggy....i thin i still have most the buggy stuff to convert back to...minus the wheels and tires....

375 shipped with an os max vzb(p) .21 engine in descent shape...(basically it could use bearings soon about 45 from amainhobbies)....

you would need radio,servos, and a pipe (and body and tires for buggy)...

i can send pics and more details if interested.... shoot me an email
[email protected]

here is a shot of it to tease ya...lol

ebt3.gif

Nathan,

I have an XTM X Terminator Pro and it comes out of the box tougher than nails. You have to add your own radio gear and a motor,and rubber (You get a set of black dish wheels with the buggy) but the car itself is only about $250 and it comes 80% assembled. The only things you have to build is the stuff you have to add. It has alumnium shock towers, chassis, chassis brace, and carbon fiber radio trays. The buggy is tough. I put an OS RG-X P in it and a JRXS3 reciever in it, along with proline rubber and still spent less than $475. IMO a good buy for a really underrated buggy. Again JMO. Good luck.

Tom

I have a Lightning Pro 2 F/S

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26749

but I think as a pure basher you would have alot of fun with this. Hell, I'd like to have it!

husky24tn said:
i have a jt racing truggy conversion on a mbx4 xr werks buggy....i thin i still have most the buggy stuff to convert back to...minus the wheels and tires....

375 shipped with an os max vzb(p) .21 engine in descent shape...(basically it could use bearings soon about 45 from amainhobbies)....

you would need radio,servos, and a pipe (and body and tires for buggy)...

i can send pics and more details if interested.... shoot me an email
[email protected]

here is a shot of it to tease ya...lol

ebt3.gif

If you want new, the Hyper 7 PBS PCR is a good durable buggy, and you might also look at the GS Storm, but even as a RTR it might be a good idea reshim the diffs, or so I hear.

Last edited:
375 is negotiable guys....someone make me an offer....for the above posted truggy....

this is a rally nice truck...the pics suck cause my camera sucks....IRL its clean and nice....wheels and tires are new..like 2 runs...i have NIP fuel tank,splash guards,diff casing,driveshafts,...etc.etc...

and for those who don't know me ...i go by husky24tn on ebay too...i have good feedback there and www.rctech.net

this truggy is adult owned too...

Back