Buggy Dift tires???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comp75

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone drifted thier buggy? What kind of tire set up did you use. I have a friend that is building a drift car and wanted to put my old ofne out there just to goof around. Any ideas? I heard the pvc tires but can't find anything to fit snuggly on the wheel.

well u'd have to risk your diffs and drivetrain by discon'g the front drive to really get anywhere w/it. its a buggy just go run it as it is....fast.

-Ult

4 wheel drive drifts better. At least from my limited experience in rc drifting. 2 wheel drives try to let the back end pass the front end.

got some old wheels? just leave the tires off.

yeah thats what I've heard to do.... hey i might have to try that! :idea:

HMMMM..I can drift my PCR when I had low traction rubber and loose dirt. No need to get special tires. Ever heard of rally cross? If you can drift an AWD 1:1 WRX then why couldn't you drift a 4WD 1/8 buggy? control of the trigger and low gearing can help. Just don't mash the gas or you will be treating the WRX like it was in first gear and revving high

a lot of negative camber also helps. if you are on dirt set up the brake bias so that its mostly in the rear. a fast throttle servo helps too. heavy oil in the diffs. super stiff springs and shock oil. oh- and the lightest clutch shoe with the stiffest springs you can find...aluminum shoes too. a good tune for low-end grunt and you are well on your way. ;)

no. sorry it will be on paved surfaces. He is building a nitro tc3 drifter and I just wanted be able to change tires and goof off a little with him.

Hey Guys,

What is a drifter?

man sounds like you guys play need for speed underground to much :)
hard ass suspension, heaps of camber, late clutch shoes, dont set the car to low, but low enough, to low you get no weight transferre and there fore can't sustain a drift, 4x4 vehicles dont drift that well, front wheels tend to pull the car out to fast, and makes it hard to off on the throttle, 4x4= better traction and more acceleration, so on seal you will flick sideways and it will either pull straight on the gas or lose the ass round off the gas.

slippery tires make it easy to get the car sideways but not very easy to control the car while its drifting

Mike

Wrap your tires in electric tape....works for 1/10 scale electrics.....and you can just keep all your old slicked out buggy wheels to do it with.....make sure the end of the tape wrap faces the rear of the car or else the tape comes flying off...

Back