Servo noise?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumpy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought Futaba S9350 for steering & S9451 brake and throttle. They seem to be making alot of noise kind of a NERRRRRRR NERRRRR when I turn them on. I am pretty sure they are centered the steering one only does it if you don't turn it lock to lock, it makes no noise when just sitting at the neutral position. The throttle/brake makes the noise all the time. They are in a XB8 so I am using the battery it came with. I fully charged it. For now I just have a Futaba 3 TPM radio and a RF133 reciever. Is this noise normal this is my fisrt experiance with digital servos.

Digital servos are noisy. They are always trying to adjust and center themselves. Are they acting up? What I mean is, are they moving by themselves or in a different direction than what you inputted. Then you have some interference. If not they are fine.

Scott.

Not acting up just noise. Thank you for the info.

Check your EPA and trim. They may be trying to engage but not enough to move.

Ill support jon2 on this one.
Something is causing the servos to try to center themselves.
Adjusting the trim and or the EPA to eliminate this is the proper thing to do. If you can seem to get it to go away, look at what may be putting pressure on the servo while it’s in the neutral position. You may need to loosen all the linkages and set it up again.

I have found that an occasional hum is normal but it shouldn’t be constant. Let us know what you find.
-Ed

I had the problem on my PCR Pro throttle linkage . It was due to my incorrect install of the servo arm . It was trying to return to center but no room to so I would hear the humming, it was quite annoying when setting it up.

digitals dont just sit there quite like there analog counter parts when your not putting in inputs, they do constantly readjust, which is one of the reasons they use more battery, best way to set them up is undo the screw that holds the linkages to the servo arm, center arm, adjust linkages so they fit back in the screw holes without any presure, you will find they still make noise even with no load at all

Mike, I just got done redoing just that, problem is fixed. Thanks for your help guys.

i had a guy ask me why my car was beeping all the time sitting still...i told him it was my checkered flag radar guidance system.....lol....we both laughed.....i couldn't hold a straight face anymore....lol

digitals do beep alot....seems everyone i ever had does it....the hitec 5945 is real bad about it....

husky24tn said:
the hitec 5945 is real bad about it....

Mine did the same thing beee beeee beeeee beeee. The Airtronic's I replaced it with, is silent (but it's analog).

If you're hearing buzzing lock to lock, your end points are over extended. Put the buggy on the ground and adjust your end points until they just stop buzzing. If you do this on blocks (suspension extended), you'll loose about 10% of your steering.