New Buggy, No Starty

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I was all excited to start break in went to start it and nothing after taking the skin off the insides of my fingers I give up for today. There was raw gas shooting out of the stinger but no starty.

When I first tryed it does turn over but then shut off this happened like twice. I'm feelin like a grade a newbie. Any suggestions?

vantage1.jpg

Hey mayhem. The hyper 8 port comes really really really rich from the factory (I had one many moons ago). Basically in order to fire it up, you have to 1) lean the LSN quite a bit or 2) hold the throttle open with the trim while you start it.

Good luck with it. New engines are always a little frustrating until you get them broken in and the needles adjusted.

Yep, just lean the low speed needle about 1/2 turn to get it started! Preheat the motor with a hairdryer to get it nice and hot---it will help with starting as well.

another trick is to loosen the glowplug a hair to releive compression, then tighten when started

DONT make such huge adjustments after you get it started! I just said the half turn because you seem VERY rich coming out of the box!!

Last edited:
Easy, BF is right on the rich point. In the first couple of tanks on the 8 port I had to actually open the idle a little more to accept more air. I broke it in the same way doing figure eights and the Traxxas break in procedure. You know 1/4 throttle for 3 seconds and brake. did that for the 2 and 3rd tank. Then I did 1/2 throttle for two more tanks. I then reset the needles for tuning. Worked great!!!

Thanks guys I almost got there today. I havn't actually ran my r/c's in about a year. So I can't remember poop. I got it started and then I would give it gas and it would just stall out over and over again. It was shooting hella gas out of the pipe. But I did move one step closer.

Do you guys suggest that I o break in with stock pipe on or is the aftermarket pipe just fine?

The pipe will be fine..have you got it running yet??

I just reread your post..
Tweek the lsn a little at a time lean it a bit.. keep doing this In till she starts and will sit and idle keep checking your temps...Don't try to drive it yet block it up and run the first tank that way

Last edited:
I was using some cheap batteries and they died so I'm waiting for my other's to recharge. Its starting to warm up a bit so I want her broken in.

Back