I'm In!!! Picked up a buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr T-Maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I spent the last 3-4 months tearing down, cleaning, rebuilding and selling off various rides and components. All the while patiently watching the boards for a buggy to fit my budget. I'm not typically a patient person, but this time it paid off. I'm ready to jump into the 1/8 scale classes this season along with continuing in the MT and ST class.

The dude in brown (actually it was a chicky) delivered a big box Wed. night.

I'm the proud owner of a Mugen MBX4 XR Works edition. Not the latest greatest, but more than enough buggy for my driving skills. It has a CMB .21 for power (be prepared for the questions as this is not the most common mill on the street). I have a new lid being painted (Man I hate purple) and I've got to give it a good cleaning, then I'll post photos.

Mr T

Good deal!! Its all about having fun on your budget:) Tear it all down and learn how it goes together---clean and refill all the diffs and shocks with fresh oil and you will be good to go!

That motor is a powerful mill so it should be plenty of motor and its no differant or trickier than anything else out there! Shouldnt have any problems with it--I'm sure t will need some minor tweaking of the needles to get it running like you like it......have fun!

Ohyea....say HI to the chick in brown (if she was hot)

Nothin wrong with a MBX4 XR Works. Should be pretty strong with the hopups. Congrats on the purchase. :)

Booyah said:
Ohyea....say HI to the chick in brown (if she was hot)

Dude, I'm pushing 40 and have been married for 13 years. If it's female and breathing.....She's hot!!

Thanks for the kind word fellas...I'm pumped...We bashed the last two weekends as the weather was decent. Now I get this in the mail and the weather is back to lousy...None-the-less, this unit is getting fired up this weekend, even if it's just in my garage!!

Mr T

Hey lessen, This is off topic, but I guess I can derail my own thread. The Buffalo bash is 8 hours from me and the Hampton roads bash is about 9-9.5 hours. Do you think we could organize a mid-Ohio valley bash. I know Hypedonrc is in colombus (2 hours from me), I believe you are in the Cleveland/Elyria area (3 hours from me). Can't think of any others right at the moment.

The local club here has a really nice on-road track, we have a couple dirt ovals and at least one, maybe two off-road tracks under construction.

What say ye??

Mr T

should have gone to the thread instead but hey its your thread dude.

Congrats dude on the new acquisition. Skyline Racer has that as well. May want to ask him for tips.!!

Congrats on the buggy! I also started with a t maxx ( I'm guessing you did too cause of ur name) I got a buggy about 3 months ago. I still use my t maxx but the buggy is a ton of fun also. Is nice to have something that sticks to the road better. On the other hand it can still jump and bash in dirt ect. Enjoy the buggy!!!!

-Cobra198

Congrats on the new money pit.....I think we can all agree they are worth the enjoyment they give....

i have an mbx4 xr too...i love it...i'm running the os vzb v-spec on it...oh yeah...and a jtracing monster truggy kit...lol

ebt1.gif

Mr T-Maxx said:
Hey lessen, This is off topic, but I guess I can derail my own thread. The Buffalo bash is 8 hours from me and the Hampton roads bash is about 9-9.5 hours. Do you think we could organize a mid-Ohio valley bash. I know Hypedonrc is in colombus (2 hours from me), I believe you are in the Cleveland/Elyria area (3 hours from me). Can't think of any others right at the moment.

The local club here has a really nice on-road track, we have a couple dirt ovals and at least one, maybe two off-road tracks under construction.

What say ye??

Mr T

I think that's a possibility. I don't have an on-road but I got a suped up Maxx and a mini-t. I'm supposed to be gettin a buggy but god only knows what's happening with that deal. Actually, I'm about halfway between Cleveland and Akron. Elyria is an hour west of me, but I''m guessing I'm still about 4 hours from you in W.V. we'll see what happens when the weather breaks for sure.

Congrats on the buggy MR T!!!!!!

If your like me it will become your new favorate. I still mess with all my rides, but none compare to the fun of a buggy. You, and Lessen let me know about bashing, and I'll try to make it.

Oh yeah, where's those pics!!

Hmmmmm, is it my favorite?....that is to be determined. I gave the buggy a decent going over, but curiosity got the best of me. I recieved it Wed night and was going crazy to try it out.....at least fire it up to make sure it would run (second hand buggy ...ya never know).

Anyway, I head down to the track/bash spot, just to fire it up "wink,wink". It was about 38 F so I had the heater in the truck cranking all the way....loosened the plug a little....primed...and the little sucker fired up first thing!

At this point I'm grinning....put her down and slowly drive around about two minutes...that's enough.... time for WOT....yeah baby.

So I hit one of the ramps...she flies nicely...I'm going too fast toward the creek...but hey it's a buggy it will hang that turn...NOT!!

Over the lip of the creek...at this point I'm bummin and running. Get there and thankfully it flew the creek... but with the cold temps and sudden impact, I broke the left front wheel. Day over for the new buggy...LHS owner is on short vacation till Tuesday and being a "new" buggy owner I had no spares.

Oh well, I'm still pumped!!!! I just broke out the xxx-nt and drove till my fingers froze. The Maxx is in hibernation...She is just too damn clean to take out!!!

I'll post pics of all the winters work once I get gallery privledges.

Mr T

Just use http://imageshack.us/ to host your pics. That's what I do. Sorry to hear about the damage, but glad you had fun. Now fix that thing so I can whoop up on you when you come to Ohio. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Mr T you already broke it!! That was fast! :hehe:

Congrats on the buggy I've never even seen a large one but they sound like they are fun. Its always a bummer when you take out your new rig and break it first time out and the second and the third lol hope you have better luck next run!

bigfreak said:
Mr T you already broke it!! That was fast! :hehe:

Yes, Yes I did....1st tank!!! But I was grinnin' ear to ear for the 6-7 minutes I had her going!!

VB, yeah although bummed I broke, I was thrilled that it had cleared the water. The tires are crimefighters in excellent shape, so I'm gonna have to try the ol' boiling method, first thing is to pickup a cheapo pot, I was told by the boss that I wasn't boiling any tires in the current cookware!!

Jesse, breaking sucks...that's why you need an extra or two or three ..... in the stable!

Mr T

If you have a fan over your oven I would suggest baking them. It works great and after 15 min they are definatly done. I had a hard time taking tires off after I boiled them.

Mr T-Maxx said:
I was told by the boss that I wasn't boiling any tires in the current cookware!!

LOL!!!

(whisper) You are not supossed to ask, man.

Back