rear wheels bind with Integy carriers (mini-t)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I've gotton my Evo-x kit for my mini and I'm noticing that when I tighten down the rear wheels they bind against the axle carrier/hub whatever they call it. I have the Integy CVDs also but I tried it with the stock axles and they do the same thing. I took a close look at the integy hub and noticed that they widened it a bit compared to stock, now the cross pin hole just barely comes through the other side and past the edge of the bushing/bearing.. This seems like a design flaw to me. Don't they freakin test this stuff? what do you guys think?

man that sux,
i am in the market for the same kit. a few questions if you would.

1) are you happy with the other parts in the kit?
2) does it all fit together nicely?
3) are there any other problems with this kit?
4) do you recommend it?

obviously you are pissed about the rear bearing carriers but i already have aluminum ones on my mini-t and i got them for 15 bones at my lhs.

thanx govna!

$$

I noticed that they make a different set of universals, I think I need those. it's messed up they don't tell you what's compatible with what.

some of the oddballstuff is junk, the e-clips are crap so you might as well not even use the hings pins that come with it unless you get some better clips (you wont be able to use the stock clips with the new pins, I tried). the kit also comes with linkages, but the rod ends are crap also.. just get some titanium ones that are more adjustable anyways (if you don't already have 'em)

basically, the stuff that you're mostly payin for is good. It's just some of the "extras" that they throw in are pretty much garbage.

as far as those universals... I just took a dremel tool with a wide flat end and took some material off the inside of the wheel where the pin goes. Just took off enough so that the pin is just barely higher than the surrounding edge when it's laid in there. smooth as can be now...

just thought I'd update.

i know this isnt the place
but any of you guys have the stock tranny spider gears that i can hav

ill pay for shipping just email me @ [email protected]
i stripped them trying to jump the 22 stair at my school

Back