xmod motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgasracing

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, i was wondering if any company has a hop up motor for my xmod, iv found so many on the net, but i want to just go to my hobby shop and find it, instead of ordering on he net. does any company that makes 1/10 scale electric motors make one that fits my car?

No an Xmods car is a radio shack car so I am about 100% sure that the only place to buy them is at radio shack

Go pull out that old Crest Spinbrush that you've got laying under your bathroom sink that you don't use anymore, and pull out the motor from that. (and if you don't have one, go buy one and take the motor out of it.)
That little Spinbrush motor will smoke any motor you'll find in the RadioShack motor packs. It has more low end than the torquiest motor and more rpms than the highest speed motor. I forget what the gear is, but gear it with the highest or second to highest gear that RS gives you.
Woops, almost forgot: to switch motors you'll need a pinion puller. You can get them for about $10.
Combine that motor with the 4wd and you're rockin. Without th 4wd you're spinnin lol.

i already made the spinbrush hybrid converion, and also got the awd, but i have found a torquier motor, but it drains the batteries too much, i am using ic-3s 800mah anda 15min charger, do you think i can get a pinion puller at a local plumbing/electric store?

Nope, I really doubt it. Call them before you go to make sure. Call the LHS's around you, they'll probably have one.

Crest Spinbrush!

A toothbrush motor in a R/C! I used rechargable drill and vaccum motors in larger electric cars,but a toothbrush.

I'll get that Spinbrush just to take out the motor.Must be a low turn motor since its running on a very low voltage in the Spinbrush and has to spin at high RPM.

Back