Question about kits

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comp75

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok. I need some insight from you more experienced guys out there. I found a great deal on this eb4 s3 and want to know what else I need to order to get it up and running. Does it come with clutch stuff? I know I have to get wheels and tires but what else. I have the engine and radio stuff. I have done alot of 1/10 kits mostly elec. but a few nitro but all the 1/8 buggies that I have had came rtr. Any help would be appreciated.

99% of all kits include clutch components.
Servos, Battery Radio, and possibly wheels and tires should be it.

You will also need an exhaust pipe.
I would recommend a failsafe, charge lead for humpack, Silicone Diff & shock fluids of your preference and a good quality airfilter... :smoke:

I think that kit comes with the white wheels that you see in all the pictures, but no tires. everything else Eddy mentioned.

cool thanks. I have all my diff and shock oils from my ultra comp so that is not a big deal. I just wanted to be ready when I get it. Thanks for the help.

My lhs said that they were so many on oder that their distributer was only sending out 1-2 kits at a time to even the shipments out. They had mine in stock so I can't complain. They also had just about every factory hop for it as well. I will agree with what I have read several times already. The chassis is just wicked evil looking.

you physically have it? or it's on it's way to your LHS? It's been almost a month and a half since I ordered mine. It's supposed to be at my door tomorrow. we'll see....

Nope. I physically have it. In my house on my bench. They had 2 in stock at the lhs and ordered another as soon as I said I would take the one I got. If you need any help getting it let me know. I may can pick it up at the lhs and ship it to ya. What ever you don't need the be missing this thing. Part finish is unbelievable. But my experience with kits are limited to 1/10 stuff so take it for what its worth.

Last edited:
today (technically because of time) makes 44 days since I paid for it with paypal. If it's not here by 2:30 in the afternoon I'm filing a complaint... this is just rediculous

I agree. I just walked in and picked one up and walk out with it. I got a good deal because all the guys at the lhs want to see it run on their track. But 44 days is just insane. I would have probably filed a complaint after 20-30 at the longest. Keep me posted.

I started putting it together last night. I am impressed. I only noticed one thing and that was that the diffs are real tight. I think it loosens up after a few "run in passes" but I want to keep check on it. First nitro kit that I have done. All my others have been rtr's and I never checked the diff's before running them at all. Sould have it together tonight for a test run tomorrow. I will keep you posted and post some pics when its done.

lessen i would be with drawing my payment

I filed the complaint earlier yesterday afternoon. The problem with paypal is that they don't guarantee return of funds if everything falls through with the vendor.. which I think is BS but that's their policy. I can't get a good feeling for what's goin on here. they seem like a straight up business, they always get back to me with emails timely and I've talked to them on the phone a couple times as well. But the simple fact is that I paid a long time ago and I still have nothing. So I guess they have 10 days to prove to paypal either a full refund or a tracking number or somthing like that. guess I'll see what happens in the next week or so.

good luck lessen its a pitty that such a cool thing like getting a car is ruined by stupid stuff like this :)

That happend with me and my RC10Gt. I paid for it, a month went by with no responce to emails, would not return phone calls, and when I got them on the phone they said I needed to talk to a certain person, and ironically was never there. I filed a complaint wiht paypal and got the truck 3 days later. They sent it the same after I filed the complaint. The paypal thing works!

I hope I get this buggy, I've been real stoked about it ever since I ordered but now it's not even the buggy that excites me. Just getting what I paid for.

all I can say about this buggy is I think I'm in love. lol
Pics will be up next day or so.

Back