RDLogics SHO, same as the Swift Pro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamlooper

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This car looks a lot like the Swift. Anyone seen one up close? Any Swift Pro owners see any resemeblence? Here is the companys website RDLogics.

SHO1s.gif

SHO2s.gif

SHO3s.gif

Last edited:
I beleive it is the Swift pro just remarketed.

not a pro, its a swift 2

the never ending story of mistakes by the creators
a new piece in the chinese puzzle

rdlogics? indeed
sales by any means but the right one

Last edited:
Its not a swift 2 either. It is a 'detuned' version of the swift with the new updated suspension that the swift 2 / PRO has.

The detuned part is no carbon fiber, crappy radio. Same engine and pipe though.

I got the low down on what happened. Basically Nanda sold the car to RDlogics while still selling the car to HappyTime/PRP. The RD Logics version is aimed more for the basher, and the PRP, swift 2, PRO is more for the racer.

Thanks for the info, muswagon. This RDL Sho, it wouldnt have the pro parts on it like the thicker shock towers, 3.5 shocks, steering update, cvj pins ect?
Also do you think this is the same as the PRP Katana? Do you think this could be a racer with a few upgrades?
BTW: I emailed RDLogics and they would sell a AAR for $220. ($299 RTR a better deal for sure)

thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
the catana is in fact an simplified enigma xs

My suggestion to you, to really help you, is think about another brand !! :shrug:

the Mayhem for instance is 20 times more worthy of your interest

I myself sold a xb8 and am selling right now, my swift pro , to drive a Mayhem
I bought the Mayhem pro kit for 359.000 and you get no-poop-quality

Last edited:
Here is an email I sent to RD logics and here is there reply.

Hi Mike,

We are not the same company as PRP. The buggy and monster trucks are
manufactured from the same factory in China.

The kits are almost identical but our Wolverine and SHO are upgraded
versions of the Raptor and Swift yet lower in price. Our goal is to
make
R/C affordable.

Sincerely,
RDLogics
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:21 AM
Subject: SHO buggy and Wolverine Monster Truck

> RDlogics,
> Good morning! Your buggy and truck are the same as
> Power Racing's Swift and Raptor. Are you guys the same
> company? If not then why is it you can sell the same
> exact product that much cheaper? I am really confused
> about this and so are my friends. We tried to figure
> this one out in a couple of forums but to no avail.
> Please help me out with any information you can
> provide. By the way, I love your exhaust pipes!!
> Thanks in advance for all your help on this pressing
> matter. Take care and have a great day.
> v/r
> Mike Bryant

This Buggy is an so called SWIFT Sport.

With stamped Aluminium Parts, from pour experiance to deliver the Car with Aluminium Parts for the Brces is much better.
Especially the Front Brace, if it will be out of Carbon it will breack sooner or later.

DrDirt

do not all buggies break sooner or later, remeber not to get a bee in your bonnets about, factories multi selling, its been happening for years, lightning= sacker for exsample, i would say if they can sell for that any swift owner has been getting screwed for years, and as far as quality goes, if you are pauing a couple of hundred then dont exspect the best, if you want the best then buy mugen, k cars or xb8, as far as buying the mayhem over an xb8, we will see in a year if your still happy with that choice, i dont know of any rtr that comes close to a race level kit car

dont worry bout it mike, another newbie dragged it out of the archives.

I wouldn't refer to the Mayhem all the time as a RTR

I got a Mayhem pro and see it as any other pro buggy,why not??
even if it is cheap and comes assembled:
you have to check everything and look into the diffs and shocks, if you want to do some competition with it, like any other buggy,so what's the difference ?

as to quality :all plastics,aluminium and steel parts couldn't be made any better , and you notice his conception is made with a lot of attention to details, so it comes with the "Sportwerks" logo-ed over all the parts and it has better gears, better initial suspension geometry and droop, better fits/play in all items like rod ends then most other prospecs buggys, and as good as shocks, bearings and so on.... the buggy is solid, it has enough tuning possibilities, it's drives and jumps well to and the sheer dynamic properties make it just a topnotch buggy
certainly, if you take in consideration, this buggy is really different and had to be egged-out with a totally other lay-out then the other brands, to stand as good as..from the start...
and at that price !
I take my hat off for the team that produced this....

so please tell me what you feel that would be the real difference,then between a xb8 or mbx5, and the Mayhem ??
(as it is in fact also as good as Losi!)

you should be proud, you have an American car as good as that... and just drive one :D

Last edited:
gdc02 said:
I wouldn't refer to the Mayhem all the time as a RTR

I got a Mayhem pro and see it as any other pro buggy,why not??
even if it is cheap and comes assembled:
you have to check everything and look into the diffs and shocks, if you want to do some competition with it, like any other buggy,so what's the difference ?

as to quality :all plastics,aluminium and steel parts couldn't be made any better , and you notice his conception is made with a lot of attention to details, so it comes with the "Sportwerks" logo-ed over all the parts and it has better gears, better initial suspension geometry and droop, better fits/play in all items like rod ends then most other prospecs buggys, and as good as shocks, bearings and so on.... the buggy is solid, it has enough tuning possibilities, it's drives and jumps well to and the sheer dynamic properties make it just a topnotch buggy
certainly, if you take in consideration, this buggy is really different and had to be egged-out with a totally other lay-out then the other brands, to be as good as..from the start...
and at that price !
I take my hat off for the team that produced this....

so please tell me what you feel that would be the real difference,then between a xb8 or mbx5, and the Mayhem ??

everything here has been addressed in this thread already, and i dont feel the need to explain again.

gdc02 said:
you should be proud, you have an American car as good as that... and just drive one :D

as far as this is concerned, i prefer my xb8, and i dont need to worry about what my buggy costs. end of story.

I never saw some real solid explinations
where is the difference

Last edited:
ok look at this way, why do you buy exspensive motors over cheap ones, when the cheap ones can put out the same hp, its simple you dont have any hassles with the exspensive ones and they last a lot longer because of how there made and made of

" ok look at this way, why do you buy exspensive motors over cheap ones, when the cheap ones can put out the same hp, its simple you dont have any hassles with the exspensive ones and they last a lot longer because of how there made and made of "

that is what I am trying to say :
the mayhem costs less
but has as good as quality materials as the 700.00 kits

for exe. which pro buggy has all gears milled and hardened

Last edited:
every one. I'm through with this, you didnt listen in the other thread, your not going to here either. goodbye.

I did listen I think every forum about the Mayhem for 6 months now
and I listen well
some people just say the mayhem is not in the same league
because it isn't

I just want a discussion about what doesn't work then
and nobody says a word about shocks or diffs , geometries, or quality of this and that...

Back