Changing out the Grease in X-Term Pro Diffs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am looking to change out the grease in all three diffs on my X-Term Pro. I have never done this before and was hoping I could get some how to advice, and/or recomendations. I have heard to many people talking about "Diffing out" while on the track. I have never run this buggy yet, I have only had it a week, but I have been told by more than one person that I need to drop the grease and go with Silicone, I am just not sure how to do this and what weight silicone to use. Thanks guys

Tom

most people run 5k front 7k mid and 1k rear. Changing the grease to fluid is very simple. All you have to do is take your diffs out and take them a part, I just wipe all the grease out with a rag then put it back togehter filling it up about half way with your diff fluids.

Yup,it is one of the ways to "bond" with your buggy. After you wipe them out you can flush them w/some denatured alcohol