Hi All, New Buggy owner here.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeru

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just picked up this OFNA Ultra MBX Comp. I havnt even broken her in yet (Been too busy at work. I plan on switching it to FM so I can use it with my JR Radio.

I have a few questions,
Are there reverse servo's available for this buggy?
What is the best fuel out there?
What upgrades does everyone here reccomend?
Did I get a good deal at $350.00?
UltraMBXComp2.jpg

Jeru. :cheers:

Attachments

• UltraMBXComp1.jpg
    UltraMBXComp1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 62
You got it. I have been spoiled by my T-Maxx

Hate to spoil your parade but....it's not gonna go backwards. The additional servo on your Maxx simply engages the reverse gears in the tranny. The buggy has no reverse gears...hence an additional servo would not provide any benefits.

On a positive note....CONGRATS on your new purchase, I'm sure you will have a boatload of fun going forward.

Mr T

T-Maxx is the exception. Most Nitro RC's go forward and we've just gotten used to it.

New Radio and then a new steering servo would be the first things to upgrade. Read your radio manual carefully. Understand "End Point Adjustments" this will be a new feature that your RTR radio doesn't have. You must use this feature after you get new servos.

For fuel, you'll want to start with a 20% nitro blend.

A few more things. Look into getting a fuel filter. It's also very very important that you get some air filter oil for the filter foam. Both of these should be available from your Local Hobby Shop (LHS). They should be able to show you how to apply the air filter oil too.

Welcome to 8th scale. :cheers:

EDITED CAUSE I R GUD @ ENGRISH!

Last edited:
Can I use K&N Air filter oil? I have some for my car. Or is it too thick?
Thanks for the tips.

It's not forumlated right. The K&N filters aren't good for RC Nitro either. These engines can get up to 40,000 RPMs and at that speed, they are like portable vacum cleaners sucking in air and anything in the air (think dust cloud). A good air filter setup will make your engine last longer.

If you want to you can check out the article I wrote on using Belray air filter oil:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/2005/using-belray-foam-filter-oil-for-nitro-rc/

It's pretty cheap stuff and does a fine job protecting your engine. if you want to go a more traditional route, the hobby shop can order air filter oil that's made by Mugen. It's about $12 or so. Pretty good stuff.

Last edited:
bigfreak pretty much said it all, the servos are a good chioce for your first hop up. I use these on my buggies hitec 645 for steering and the 625 for throttle/brake. As far as reverse goes, just floor it and you will bounce off of what ever is in you way. Enjoy the buggy.

hitec 645 servo

hitec 625 servo

just check which connetor your receiver uses.

RC Driver just did a write up on your buggy,looks good.

Cool, thanks. I just bought two servos the other day. I was going to use them in my T-Maxx, But I think they are going in my new buggy instead. :) They are the Metal Hi-Tech ones.

Back