Tuned Pipe for X-Term Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am looking for some recomendations on a tuned pipe for my X-Terminator Pro. Price not necessarally an issue however I would like to keep it under a hundred if I could. Thanks in advance.

Tom

HMMMM you have the 24/7 mill? Do you want to race or do you just bash? If you race the track would dictate what pipe. The JP-1(Jammin') is a nice bottom end pipe,the JP-2 is a bottom -mid pipe. The Ofna 086 is also a good pipe. All this said, it all depends what mill you have and what you want.

Pipe for X-term Pro

PSUNitro,

Actually I am running the OS RG-X (P) .21 The dude at my LHS said the 24.7 would not be a good choice for the pro version of the buggy. Said it was meant for a .21. I dunno. I would like to race and bash if that is possible. Only local club racing though. When I am not racing I would like to just freestyle a bit. Do they have a pipe that would work for both, or do I actually need two pipes? Thanks

Tom

Dont worry about the RG its a great all around mill. How is the track you will run at? Small and tight,or larger and long straight?Tight would be the low end pipe(JP-1). Long straight would need a mid-high end pipe. Hopefully some guy on here w/a RG will chime in. For bashing,I guess it really does not matter all that much. Also ask around and see what tires they run at the track,and pick a set up.Tires make a difference,and you may want to keep them as a set "track" tire and not for bashing.

PSUNitro,

That is the route I am thinking for the tires. I would like to have a couple of sets that are strictly track tires and nothing more. Then have a couple of sets for just bashing. I am guessing the OS RG-X is not a great mill. Being a newbie, I just went with the advice that the LHS dude gave me. Who is also the caretaker of the track outback. He races an X-Term and so maybe he was a little biased, but he pretty much tricked the car out the way he would have. I have two sets of tires currently one for the track, and a set of Pro line road tires. I am going to pick up another set of tires for the track and give those a shot as soon as the track thaws! I don't mean to be asking alot of dumb questions, but I figure you guys have tons more experience than I, and it is a different perspective than the dude at the LHS who just wants me to spend money! Thanks again.

Tom

No problem. I'm kinda new to all this as well, but you will learn quick. The RG is fine its a good all around mill. Ask what tires the kid at the shop runs,most places run 1 or 2 kinds that work the best for the track. If he really wanted you to spend $$ he would have sold you a RTR and then told you all the stuff you had to upgrade!! Just remember,HAVE FUN!!!

Definatly a good choice on the car (I got the same 1!) I also had the RG (but P) for my first engine and I was amazed on how good it was for how much money I spent! Even if i payed like $170 it might qualify (I got mine for $85 BN :hammer: ). Well, I got a Jammin JP2 RIGHT after I sold my RG to get a Novarossi BS21SB which is the most incredible engine i have ever gotten. SO... All i can say is that the pipe made a HUGE difference from when I was using my stock XTM pipe in my Nova, then switching to the JP2! It made it all around better, accel, and top end. Hope this helps!

-Eric-

Eric,

Definitely helps alot. It is nice to know that someone else out there runs an XTM. I was begining to think I made a poor decision in buying the X-Term Pro. When I posted my message I got little to no response. So either the X-Term is a piece of junk or not to many people have them. I almost bought an OFNA, and the Kiyosho Special 1 was never in my budget. So thanks for the good feedback. Hopefully once the ground thaws I will be out there pounding!

Tom

Back