X-Terminator Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I posted a thread the other day asking about advice and must have hop ups for and X-Terminator Pro. I have some money and I figured I would ask you guys again before I set out on my own. I am a newbie to Nitro RC, and found out I still have alot to learn. I was looking for a good 1\8 scale buggy and the dude at my LHS recomended the Pro because it gave me some flexability in choosing the important stuff. I don't know how long the X-Term has been out, but I was hoping you guys might have some advice. Thanks again guys.

Tom

Well they dont have a lot of factory hop ups for them,you would have to check their web site fro that. Other than that,what servos do you have? You can replace them with better ones. Maybe a tuned pipe or better motor? You could always get another set of tires for different conditions.

psunitro,

I am running a hitech 654 for steering, and a plain old JR for throttle and brake. I am looking for a pipe, and I have two sets of tires for it, one set for road (Pro Line) , and a set of spikes (Pro Line) for dirt.

The 645 is ok for what you are doing with it. The X-term has been out for a little while,but none of my local shops have anything for it. Since you have the PRO,I am guessing you have a lot of the hop-ups for it built in.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/hopup/14560301.asp

The X-Terminator is a great buggy for newer people to the hobby. It was my first buggy and I liked it alot. What your LHS meant was it doesn't come with a radio, engine, tuned pipe, or tires so you can choose your own.

As for an engine you can go the cheap route and get a O.S. .21 RG but I suggest getting something a little better than that. The XTM 24.7 is a great motor for the price but a Picco .26 or a Wasp .28 would be even better.

The 645 sould be fine, you could runa higher speed/torque for throttel/brake to give you better brakes and throttel respnose but thats up to you. A 625 would be a good choice for that.

As for a pipe, I just run a XTM one on my Inferno MP7.5. I'm sure others here could give you some better advice on pipes.

If yo uare looking for hoppups fo rthe X-term Pro, go all out performance... Theres no need to get any durability hoppups cuz its so strong, and as many people who have the x-term pro said, "I havent even broken a part yet!" and that includes me. For pipes, it all depends on the track. If the track is short and you want a good pipe for not that much, I'd recommend the Jammin JP1... If your track is long, go with the Jammin JP2... I just got the JP2 and I got a HUGE speed burst from the stock XTM pipe. It was incredible! Just my :2cents:

Back