Got me a Buggy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Can't wait to get it.

just got my buggy started today. a kanai 2 with a sirio kanai engine.
i am a proud parent !!!!!!!!!

I am proud on the price I paid!

Sweet buggy, good choice. I would replace the stock steering servo ASAP. A good servo is the hitec 645 for your steering. Also you will want to get a 6v hump pack or flat pack to take full advantage of the servos output.

Thanks. I have a 605BB from HiTec how is thatone?

Sweet deal Mayhem, that is a great price. I have 2 pbs buggies and they are great. All I really did was servos the 645 for stering and a 625 for brake throttle (try the 605BB that you have and see how it works for you). I ended up putting the ws7-11 mill in mine just because, but that hyper mill is a screamer. Enjoy.

Mayhem, congrats man!!! :cheers:

One upgrade you will be grateful for is an upgraded carb for the 8-port. The OS 20E carb (comes from a used OS RG engine). Ask the guys that hang at the LHS if they have an old dead RG laying around. It's a popular mill. If you strike out there, try ebay - they run about $30. I think the price of them new is rediculous ($70).

If you get into racing and you find the 8-port lacking bottom end punch (acceleration), try trimming the ends of the clutch shoes or drilling small holes in the ends of them. You could also try using the Mugen 1.1 clutch springs. This setup will cause the clucth to open at higher RPMs and give you more punch off the line.

I went racing with a guy that had the same buggy. The engine is impressive considering it's comes in a RTR. The one thing that he had big time problems with it that he never took it apart and rebuilt it. The factory left things loose everywhere. He was lost screws and drive shafts were coming apart. Save yourself a lot of furstration by taking the buggy completely apart and tightning all the screws yourself. DONT USE LOCTITE! It will only cause you to regret it later when you have use a dremel to get your screws out. Also, on the line of screws. Get yourself a nice set of 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 mm allen drivers. I bought a set by dynamite for $20 and it's the best money I ever spent. Many companies like OFNA and Hudy market a similar set of drivers that are fordged out of spring steel (drill bit blanks). They rock hard!!

Anyway, take care of your engine with a good air filter setup and a stone fuel filter (if one doesn't come in the tank). Also, do some research on the "heat cycle" break in. It will get you a lot more life out of your engine.

again congrats on the purchase!
-bigfreak

NICE! that is a SWEEEET price! I was gonna get a pbs if i didn't get my x-term pro but my LHS had the pbs's for $550! Great purchase! I still love my x-term tho :LoL:

Looks like we think alot alike. I'm buying that same buggy for the same price brand new at www.donalds-hobby.com i hear its a great buggy and cannot wait to break it in this summer. Can someone send me a link on some new durable screws because i plan to take it apart and put it back together as well. I'm sure the mass manufacters could careless if my buggy has everything tight and snug.
Also I'm relativly new to nitro so can someone explain a little better on how to get more low end punch.

Buggyracer28,

I just purchased an X-Term Pro w/ OS RG-X (P), Hitec servos, NiMh battery pack and micro reciever for my XS-3. Any comments, advise, or must have hop ups? Thanks.

godale03

OFNA Racer, That is the same guy I bought mine from just off ebay auction. FREE SHIPPING was real sweet.

Hmm dont know if that post was ment for me or buggy racer but incase it was to me you get free shipping with orders over 100 at donalds hobby anyway. Still can't wait till around may when theres no snow! i neeed to move to florida :bored:

Sorry LOL that was ment to you. I saw that on ebay and Bruce from Rush RC pushed me to get it because it was so cheap.

Ya it is very low. towerhobbies sells it for 500! I'm asuming you like ur hyper? do you have any hop ups on it or just stock?

I don't have it yet. Just bought it last night.

Oh my bad. Do you plan on getting any hop ups? Also do you have aol instant messanger? if so you can pm it to me because i think we could get alot of useful information from each other ( you mostly giving useful info to me) :jk:

YOU DO want to take it apart and use some blue locktite on ALL metal to metal parts or it will fall apart!! Just use a drop on the threads---thats all is needed (do not use red locktite) or you will not get them out....

Nice buggy too:)

Ya i can't wait to get my pbs! So mayhem tell me how you like your buggy. i can't wait to see some pics of ur new ride! make sure to post em. Have a good time with ur buggy! :cheers:

Back