Engine heads, OS Rocket

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreaker

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Howdy,

Looking to get a new cooling head for my Medial Pro M2k. I'm just not sure what brands are good. I've seen a few that should fit, but I know that not all of them are good. The engine is a Novarossi mill/JP modified and all that. Most Novarossi .21 heads should fit.

A plain silver one would be good. I don't need anything fancy, just something that will cool the engine well.

Also, I haven't seen any OS Rocket auctions for awhile, perhaps because it's not prime race season for half the US. Anyone know where I might find him to get a pinch done?

Thanks in advance, once again!

I don't know how to get a hold of OS Rocket, but you may want to check out www.rayaracing.com. He provides excellent pinching service...

Damn, I searched for OSRocket and OS Rocket too which yeilded no results, but I didn't search for username (I didn't think that his ebay name would be osrocket.. duh.. heh)

Anyone have experiences with aftermarket engine heads?

I have a Crazy Nut head on my Ofna Force .26 and it keeps temps down. But I have not had a lot of fuel at all through it. No problems though.

you will want to pick up a Nocer head. nice quality, and it wont make your engine run too cool like some billet heads can. you want it to hold temps higher than 200* under race tune.

CorradoPsi said:
you will want to pick up a Nocer head. nice quality, and it wont make your engine run too cool like some billet heads can. you want it to hold temps higher than 200* under race tune.

ill second that. nocer heads do a great job and dont take ALL of the heat away. if you are going for a silver (ish) look then see if you can find a mugen head for the p5 (or maybe that'd be too gray for ya). nice mill ya got there. i just sold mine to a friend bout a week ago. mine was modded w/ a stock head and ran 220-230 very consistantly. in stock form i think it ran around 260-270 on a good day.

Flash, what part of the motor was modded? The stock head itself was modded? And what motor did you get to replace your m2k?

The engine does have a tendency to run a little hot. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. My engine likes to run around the 260 mark on a full-on race but it still runs great. Some engines just run hotter I think.

But, I figure, if I could drop it 10 degrees, it couldn't hurt. And I wouldn't mind having a head that didn't show every single little scratch, although this isn't as important as temps.

I'll look into Nocer heads, thanks for the heads up. I think the P5 head should fit the engine. It's a 4-screw head, so any Novarossi 4-screw head should fit the thing I'd think, as long as it doesn't have the "button" built in.

the internals were modded. if your at 260F that aint bad, but i can see lowering the temps some. look into nocer- that should knock you down to the 210-220F range or so.
beong how the m2k is a slightly modded p5 any p5 head will work.

I'm now running rb mods crono 7 port mills. more low-end when tuned right and these things scream like no other mill in the world. it almost sounds like a turbo spooling up.

Did you have the M2k Evolution or the M2k with the green head? Mine has a blue head and it's a 5 port. The older M2k was an 8 port.

The engine has a full JP mod treatment. The crankshaft is drilled out and filled with that red stuff, the con rod is lightened, the sleeve has been modified, and the engine is coated with the JP mod black coating stuff. I wouldn't say the motor is just slightly modified. =) I'm not sure what Novarossi engine it's based off of, because the body doesn't look like a P5.

If that Crono 7 engine has more low end then my M2k, then it must be just ridiculous. My m2k was the fastest engine on the track against all the P5's, RB's, OS, and whatever else anyone was running. People would come up to me and ask "What the hell are you running in that thing?" Some of the guys that had been racing for years drove the thing and said "Ok, that's just too much power." Of course, I'm looking at adding another buggy to my collection this year so I'll certainly look into that motor. I hope it's not too expensive! (I got my m2k for $290, it was a special deal. Anything under $400 is acceptable.)

I'm going to probably get one of them Nocer heads, and they have a nice look too. I looked into the Crazynut ones, but I don't really like the looks of most of them and I've heard they weren't that great from a couple people.

rediculous yes, but controlable as well.
my bad- i thought for the longest time that the m2k was based off of the p5 and i keep forgetting that it isnt.
mine had the blue head same as yours. its a great motor and for the money it has to be near the top of the list.
seems like the rb mods crono 7 port is around $300 maybe a little more. no need for the turbo version- the only difference is about 300 more rpm and expensive plugs.

enjoy that mill. it only gets better with more time.

Back