Help me guys, I am being sucked back to the darkside!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, here's my deal. I got into RC's because 1:1's were to exspensive. Then I found out RC's were too expensive. So I scaled back. Now I just have a Revo. Now I am gonna get a buggy regardless BUT! Right now I have some dough, not to much just enough for a Sirio, Thunder Tiger S3 and some baggin servos, pipe, tires, you know......OR I could buy the best coil over adjustable JIC shocks and springs. I am torn, now I bought one of the rice rockets and I plan to mod it clean stlye. It is a Nissan Spec V if that means anything to you (Ok it's a Sentra on ROIDS). I am pretty torn because I am think shoot, I have like 2-3 month before we can even THINK about racing again so do I buy my 1:1 hop up or get the buggy now?

Fix up your 1/1 there is still plenty of time before spring HA HA <<<<< I said spring.. to get the buggy.. PIMP your ride

ZANDOR said:
Fix up your 1/1 there is still plenty of time before spring HA HA <<<<< I said spring.. to get the buggy.. PIMP your ride

Oh man you dance with the devil! That's the way I am leaning to :smoke: Come on guys more replies!

Two questions:
1) When does the racing season start?
2) Will you have the greenbacks by then to get the buggy you want if you get your 1:1 schtuff?

If the answer to #2 is Yes, get the bouncers for your 1:1 ride, then post some pics of it !!!

Buy a goldfish.

If it's any consolation to you, I may be getting a HB Lightning for my birthday....

do the 1:1 youl enjoy it more now and you can get the r/c stuff later(In the spring when you can actually drive it). 1:1.......1:1.......1:1for shore 1:1s better any way.

One's gotta think that the $250 ticket you receive, for testing those coil overs with some high speed cornering, just wont be good.... lol

ImBroken said:
One's gotta think that the $250 ticket you receive, for testing those coil overs with some high speed cornering, just wont be good.... lol
hahah thats true, however the adrenaline rush he was getting when doing them was well worthi it.LOL

QUOTE=DarthRacerTwo questions:
1) When does the racing season start?
2) Will you have the greenbacks by then to get the buggy you want if you get your 1:1 schtuff?

If the answer to #2 is Yes, get the bouncers for your 1:1 ride, then post some pics of it !!!/QUOTE

Sell them both.
Make an honest women out of your way to tolerant Girlfriend!
Ill trade you an XB8 and a C-320 CLK Sport for her.
I'm sure shell get along with my wife.
Sorry, make that a Ford F-150 Crew, the C320 has a wife attached.

Nismo Sentra?

IMO, Install a Bluebird SR20DE in your Sentra.

Ot

Candyman said:
If it's any consolation to you, I may be getting a HB Lightning for my birthday....

Et tu?
Actually, Uncle Sam wants to buy me one this year. I just might let him. :D

Skyline Racer said:
Nismo Sentra?

IMO, Install a Bluebird SR20DE in your Sentra.

Nah if I was gonna engine swap it would be a SR20DET redtop. The 2.5 has more base HP and is anewer engine with mods coming out all the time. I like the torque.

1:1s are $$$$, especially if its really ur daily driver. a 14sec focus street car is nice and all but its become too much. besides fun factor and a local track now, did r/c b/c its fun and i needed fun, not work.

-Ult

The bluebird 20 is kinda like the CA18 I think. I like the SR20DET black top S13, It will be going in my 240sx in the next 1-3 years.

FastEddy said:
Sell them both.
Make an honest women out of your way to tolerant Girlfriend!
Ill trade you an XB8 and a C-320 CLK Sport for her.
I'm sure shell get along with my wife.
Sorry, make that a Ford F-150 Crew, the C320 has a wife attached.

No worries Ed, she is very honest. She never lies to me :)

Gotta ask....
how much does one of those engines cost? Are these like small block crate engines??

DarthRacer, If your talking about the engines I Was talking about, No they arent carborated engines, They are Japan Fuel injected 4 cyl. engines. They can handle alot of power under boost and have a load of aftermarket accessories and hop ups. SR20DET its called. The T at the end means it is turbocharged.

DarthRacer said:
Gotta ask....
how much does one of those engines cost? Are these like small block crate engines??

The SR20DET is a turbo engine from Japan, and yes it is a crate motor. Now the RB26 this Skyline talks about is SUPER BAD and is an 6cyc inline MONSTER WITH TWIN TURBOS and has enuff mods to choke Anna Nicole Smith! Truly a thing of beauty and $$$$$ BLing Bling.

Humboldt just max the credit cards drain the bank account and get both, then just live on cup a noodle for a few months and all will be good. :cheers:

Back