MBX-5 vs. 777 Special 1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakin2

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I see these as being the two biggest proven winners on the market today. What are the pro's and con's of each versus each other?

pro-get the mp777
con- get mugen
man its up to u really, i got the 777 special and i love it alot

I was looking more for their strengths and weaknesses. I know they're both good.

This thread has been split...let this portion remain on topic. For the other portion...visit the FFA section.

-SkyMaxx

Note, I have two MBX-5 PROSPECs and they are tough as nails. The only weakness on them that I can see is the price...too freaking much, otherwise I'd buy more. :D

Yeah, I've wondered why the price is so high. The 777 and XB8 are high too, but you can usually find them for around $600 while the Mugen seems pretty firm at $700. I wish it would come down, but I guess that won't be happening since it won the World's.

All I can say is that I have driven (more like flown) my two MBX-5s and they are great. I'd easily recommend one to anyone looking for a high end hardcore racer or basher.

I have no real experience with the Trip 7 or XB8, but have not heard anything bad about them either.

I'll vouch for my mugen. You could do this to it :boxing: :hammer: :whack: Good luck breaking it. Stock versions can be found for under 500 and you can upgrade from there.

I broke my Mugen, but that is because I went approx. 50 MPH into a yard roller.

I've never driven a 777, or XB8, but I'll add that a few people have told me they like thier old K3 better than the 777.

breakin2 said:
Yeah, I've wondered why the price is so high. The 777 and XB8 are high too, but you can usually find them for around $600 while the Mugen seems pretty firm at $700. I wish it would come down, but I guess that won't be happening since it won the World's.

i think its cos its real expensive to buy it even at wholsle prices...

Back