My hyper 7 PCR RTR vs My Storm Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltegraSTI

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
which 1 u think i should keep. in case u wonder the SUT after a myriad of frustration is gettin converted down to a Storm Pro w/help from my S.P. parts car. i'll have plenty of spares. i have my groundup rebuilt hyper 7 here as well

idk what to do in what to keep and what to get rid of.

thoughts? whichever 1 i keep, i'll be runnin a GS 25MT motors (of which i have 3, #1 needs 2 be warrantied in my eyes).

thx for the time.

-Ult

Well, in the Storm you could keep less parts around,since some will work for both(dont know which ones). Also depends on what it will take to get the Pro up and running?

In the Hyper,you know it in and out.

Both have parts available most anywhere.

Guess its up to you,which you would perfer.You could always sell me all the Pro bits!!!LOL

OOPS did I read this wrong? You mean your SUT(Pro) VS your Hyper? If this is the case, guess it comes down to how much $$ you would lose and which you enjoy driving the most. Personally, buggies rule.

Last edited:
no jeff, the SUT is done, finito. the truck specfic stuff is taken off and will be sold and the bits needed to make it a storm pro is goin on the car as we speak, then whats left over or extra will be spares (arms, radio box, links, bellcranks, diff cases, shafts etc etc).

i want to have 1 car, and only 1 car. so its my created storm pro w/a lot of spares or my hyper.

-Ult

I would say go with the Ofna, but then I am partial to them. I don't know alot about the Storm.

I've never seen the storm, I almost went the sut route but I didn't when I saw all the problems you were having. I'm guessing that the buggy will have its problems just like the SUT, but I don't know.

What I do know is that the ofna is durable, fast, and handles great. I like rython am partial to ofna hence my opinion to go with it.

If you get the Storm there are plent of upgrades for it. Fioroni has a bunch, so does Hardcore racing. The Hyper 7 is a great platform as well. Lots of upgrades you can get from Nitrohouse.

I have had both and love em. I am currently concentrating on two projects though: Savage 25 and my MBX5. Good luck with your decision!

I'm a big time Storm fan, if you've seen my posts in the past you'd know that I think the buggy is great.

If you have a full Storm pro with all the pro parts, it really holds it's own. The buggy is very balanced, it's smooth and easy to drive, and the parts are easy to come by especially online. GS only has three buggies and two of them are new. The Storm has been around for quite awhile and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I'd stick with the Storm, obviously. Once I upgraded key parts from the RTR to the Pro, it was real reliable. Now that I've added on a whole slew of option parts from Fioroni and HCR, the thing is a tank and it's really good on the track. The only things I break are lower suspension arms, and it's usually because I smashed it into a fence =) I even had a fail-safe malfunction and rammed the thing full throttle into a sidewalk curb with only a broken bumper. While I'm sitting in a lawn chair after each race, half the other guys are wrenching. Of course, it could be because I spend a lot of time caring for the buggy when I'm not at the track.

There's nothing wrong with the Hyper, don't get me wrong. I don't own one, I've only seen a bunch of them at the track. I couldn't draw a comparison, so I'm just offering my experience with the Storm.

I'm another loyal Storm owner. And I haven't really even upgraded mine. I just picked up new shock towers and shocks for my Storm. That and a new engine should get me going this year and will upgrade as time goes on.

Matt

I'm another loyal Storm owner. And I haven't really even upgraded mine. I did upgrade to hinge pins and the aluminum hinge pin mounts. I just picked up new shock towers and shocks for my Storm. That and a new engine should get me going this year and will upgrade as time goes on.

Matt