Which buggy should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeemann99

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want a durable race / basher buggy.

Mayhem w/Sportwerks 26
Lightning Pro 2 w/HB 26

Thanks
in advance

Get the one your LHS has parts for......or if it's online get the one that looks cooler....I like the mayhem....but I think (IMO) they are equal quality

My hobby shop carries both.

The Lightning is said to do 39.6mph with the 26 hb engine

The Mayhem the guy said like 50+ with the 26 sportwerks WOW

HHMMM

50MPH maybe if it's being towed by a 1:1 car...realistically like low 40's.......and neither of those engines will be race legal.....race= .21 engine limit.....in the case of those 2 it's whatever tickles your fancy....cause they are about the same in quality.....I'd say get something a little more durable if you want to race.....save up and get a kyosho 777 w/ an RG (if it's your first nitro, if not get something bad ass like the V-spec or the WS-7) it will run a little more than the RTR but in the long run would be worth it...you also get to build the 777, that gets you more familiar w/ your race machine rather than getting all pissde the first time it breaks (and it will) you'd be much more familiar w/ the car.....I'm saving for either a mugen or Xray now.....but I need to unload some MTs before I get another RC......

I personnaly like to have a car which I know I could simply go to the track and race without haveing to change anything. Its a nice feeling when you're driving a buggy you know is a racer ;)

just my two cents though

don't even worry about top speed. What are you gonna do go wide open throttle down your street? That will get boring after two runs. Top speed really means nothing and you shouldn't go top speed more then a couple seconds anyways, not good for the motor. Doesn't mean you can't but not recommended. When we race at the track average speed is only around 15mph per lap.

true buggyman, true
I like the engines w/ the bottom torqe myself..it's way more fun to see your buggy go from 0 to HOLY CRAP in no time flat.....it's better for the jumps anyway I think....I like my RG setup on my 9.5...it hangs w/ all the high dollar guys at the track.....until I hit the straight....but it still gets the job done.....good engine to get used to buggy driving w/ IMO.....and if it pops big deal 95 bucks gets a brand new one.....I'll have 3 of those to most guys high end engines....I want to get a v-spec next...I tried a guy at the track in an xb8 and it was AWESOME......

I'm a bit of an outcast here. Have a Thunder Tiger S3 on order. super new buggy, heard nothin but good things, supposedly is a competitor w/o any hop ups, new buggy engineering, hard to find parts for....

U must post your opinion when U get it going...I definately caught buggy fever and will be getting a more competitive buggy this year w/ the refund check....

Back