anyone know the violator

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an OFNA MBX 9.5 pro and I smashed the front end just now....
I'm lookin at my LHS web site and they have a violator upgrade kit for my buggy...the main difference I see is the "kingpin" steering knuckles...what is the difference between the standard C-hub style and this kingpin style...I can see the physical differences but what does it do......also anyone hear anything good about the violator......it seems to be a not race legal version of my 9.5.....it has a wider front I think is the only not race legal dimension.....anyone have personal info on these?

My buddy had a violator, he would bash with me and zandor and for the most part he would bust something in the front end everytime we went out. If I were you I would look in to converting it over to PBS, thats what we did with his and it worked well.

Ryhto said it all right there go with the Pbs if your bashing..
Are buddy got violated by the violator No pun intended....

PBS????
you mean the plastic
right now I have a C hub that holds the front knuckle...
the Violator seems to eliminate the C-hub and the knuckle fits into the control arms.....you guys know what I'm talkin about?? I have plastic parts in there now......but I can get c-n-c'd c-hubs and knuckles...would that be better than that violator setup??? I know the OFNA is like the black sheep of the racing scene but I got it really cheap just to see if I like the buggies....I likey the Buggy!!!! but I had a freak accident w/ someone and their first nitro car christmas eve...I've been chasing down broken stuff ever since....

pivot ball suspension

My buddy kept breaking steering components on his violator; we did a conversion to pbs on his. We got the parts off of E-bay, I believe they were from an mbx pro. After that he had no more problems.

OOOOOOHHHHHHH I see.
that's good cause I have a 9.5 pro now...I was just curious if the violator was better...and the only difference I saw was in the front end...thanks for the info.....I'm getting the c-n-c C-hubs for mine then........

Hey Buddies long time no post for me, yeah i had one and was extremely disappointed with it stay the hell away from it it will only cost you more $$$ in the long run the kingpin suspension is to fragile for bashing IMO if you can convert yours that would be your best bet. Good Luck!

I have the violator, I know what your talking about, the kingpin suspension is decent but is fragile, its good for looks and for asphalt, for offroad the conversion kit wont help too much. Get the PBS or better yet the Hao Bao Ofna Hyper 7, I have one new if you are interested. You will need radio only and servos.

thanks but I have a 9.5 pro w/ all the graphite upgrades on it and was just wondering if the Violator conversion was better, since I smacked my front end up pretty good now would be the time to do it...but I ordered the CnC C-hubs so mine shouldn't break anymore......thanks for everyones loud and clear product alert to something sucking....LOL...

Back