osvspec .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnking

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i recently got my vspec for next race season. I was running a WS7II with 1.1 springs and mugen wite shoes and stock Kyosho shoes. What sort of clutch set up are people running with this engine? I hear its a low end engine and my RB was a top end engine so I'm sure my clutch setup must change? Thanks.

madnking said:
i recently got my vspec for next race season. I was running a WS7II with 1.1 springs and mugen wite shoes and stock Kyosho shoes. What sort of clutch set up are people running with this engine? I hear its a low end engine and my RB was a top end engine so I'm sure my clutch setup must change? Thanks.

what buggy?

u need to go and get you rear bearing right now. and after you break the motor in pull it out and place the NOVAROSSI P5 REAR BEARING OR WITH THE BOCA BEARING.

and put the blue insert in.
mugen i would run alum shoes 1.1 springs on a loose track 1.0 or even the .9

kyosho alum shoes or the carbon

stock springs that come with the kit for alum shoes

carbon stock springs 1.0
cut a 2mm tip off and then a angle off each shoe.

i got 1.4 gal on my v-spec before i had to pull the bearing. and my vzb did the same time at 1.4 gal

and u should be ready to go.

i think thats a little too much clutch personally. i wouldnt trim the shoes, and id use 1.0 springs on a high bite track and 0.9 springs on a low bite track. i run 1.0's with xray shoes (heavier than most) and it hits plenty hard. if i mash it, even from a roll, it will step the tail end out on a highbite clay track with 5,7,1 oils.

Os Rx/rz

I can get hold off former OS Max motor model, 10x .21 RX-R(P) engines for 110.00
or 19x RZ-R(P) for 135.00 each
anybody knows how good these are ???

CorradoPsi said:
i think thats a little too much clutch personally. i wouldnt trim the shoes, and id use 1.0 springs on a high bite track and 0.9 springs on a low bite track. i run 1.0's with xray shoes (heavier than most) and it hits plenty hard. if i mash it, even from a roll, it will step the tail end out on a highbite clay track with 5,7,1 oils.

like you said corrado it is personally.

i'm just telling what Saxton and Greg D posted about what to do with you clutch shoes

also

kanai and others run this type of set up

2 carbon and 1 alum shoe

they run this set up when the track is slick. for less wheel spin.
or change there diff set up or go lower on the spur gear or go up on the bell.

like you said it is personally. i have talked to many people and have tried many clutch set up. and it all depends on the motor and what that person is looking for.

i say try them all and see what works for YOU!!
my set or yours may not be good for the next person. :smoke:

agreed. i like a more hooked up feeling. id imagine you drive with the tires spinning more comming out of the corners. hopefully this is enough of a starting point for the thread starter.

CorradoPsi said:
agreed. i like a more hooked up feeling. id imagine you drive with the tires spinning more comming out of the corners. hopefully this is enough of a starting point for the thread starter.
xb8 is lighter car as well than a kyosho or mugen :)

no super corrado i don't drive like that. hahah.. nice dig. but like i said your way is not the best way for the next person.

just facts. that is all.

;-)

no super corrado i don't drive like that. hahah.. nice dig. but like i said your way is not the best way for the next person.

just facts. that's all.

;-)

hehe. just playin with ya. i dont get to drive a lot of high traction tracks so i dont need a heavy clutch. i do get to run indoors on a track thats like modeling clay, lots of hookup, but i can still spin em off the line so thats plenty for me.

Back