Carbon Fiber chassis ready to go fo Hyper 7!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sanderssona has done it! It was only a matter of time. Look soon for a Carbon fiber/Kevlar chassis to come out. Weight has gone down while rigidity has gone way up.

[inwindow=300]http://www.sanderssona.com/omat/tuningparts/kevlar-carbon6.jpg[/inwindow]

[inwindow=300]http://www.sanderssona.com/omat/tuningparts/kevlar-carbon5.jpg[/inwindow]

Source www.buggy-sport.info and www.sanderssona.com

Last edited:
It's a thing of beauty. And it's stronger than stock?

Candyman said:
It's a thing of beauty. And it's stronger than stock?

Yes about 1/3 stronger from their testing claims. Also the LIGHTENED Hyper 7 chassis is about 400 grams where the CF Chassis is under 300! Not sure what the Stock chassis weights though.

carbon chassis are for electric but they are no good for gas, YOUR MOTOR WILL OVER HEAT, you need the heat dispersion from the chassis to keep your motor cool, without it your motor will go boom, sorry to bubble burst

mikeburgin said:
carbon chassis are for electric but they are no good for gas, YOUR MOTOR WILL OVER HEAT, you need the heat dispersion from the chassis to keep your motor cool, without it your motor will go boom, sorry to bubble burst

Actually testing has gone great. To my knowledge is is covered in Kevlar and has heat resistance and disaapation properties. Also CF chassis have been used on nitros very succesfully as the finned block, heat sink head, and heat sink type motor mounts will dissapate the heat from the motor just fine. I also would like to add motors have come a long way in the realm of cooling in the last 5 years or so. Just look at the old blocks and small cast heads of yesteryear. While the chassis can add a little cooling factor I do not think that is it's job. I have not done any testing to prove or disprove this so take is as my opinion. It will be intersting to see though!

That Looks great, To bad I dont own a Hyper 7!

Skyline Racer said:
That Looks great, To bad I dont own a Hyper 7!

The Hyper 7 is the first but I can almost guarntee it will be out for other popular buggies if it does well.

looks damn nice. heat shouldnt be a big issue though you may run a few degrees warmer, its nothing an aftermarket head couldnt more than over compensate for. only thing i would want to see is how the bottom of the chassis holds up. buggys take a lot of abuse and even wear out hard coated aluminum chassis's. if the epoxy gets worn through how will the fibers hold up. hopefully it goes well. if it does ill get one for my truggy.

I think that is why they coated it with Kevlar, to make the bottom "bullet proof". I think the Kev will make it so the CF is protected.

Has anyone evermade a full kev chassis

Great find HumboldBlazer! wonder what the damage is gonna be for one of those

That thing looks cool. This is just a thought, not trying to be funny, but if you lower the weight of the chasis wouldn't that raise the center of gravity? Because so much weight down as low as you can go has ben removed.

yes buggyman, thats true. however overall weight will drop along with reduced inertia. these 2 benefits will outweight the slight rise of the center of gravity.