White Lightning Pro Race fue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackmagic27

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi
i have one question regarding White Lightning Pro race fuel. I had been using o'donnells 20% RTR fuel, but my lhs stopped carrying it. so they gave me White Lightning Pro Race fuel 20% nitro and 8% castor oil.
so, is this fue good? does anybody know the % of castor oil in the o'donnells 20% fuel? i find that 8% is too low for bashing and maybe its more of a racers-fuel.
what do you think?

BTW, i know i will have to retune (prolly) but can i keep on using my same glow plug? (OS 8, and the buggy is an OFNA Ultra Lx Pro.)

just add some castor to it... like a shot glass per gallon. your current plug should be fine.

it is a great fuel for racing but its lack of oil still has me worried. i use it when i go to large events but for club racing i use byrons or maxys when i can get it.

Last edited:
I personally did not like it all that much. I wont get into the great feul debate,there have been enough of those. I re-tuned my nitro rustler to it after using Trinity monster HP,and I went back to MHP. Others have had luck with WL,buit I would not use it for bashing,and I would not just add oil to it. Just find a feul you like with about 12% oil or so.

re

is Blue Thunder a good fuel for bashing?

For this I would do a search on the fuel subject. Everyone will say "this or that". I know this has been discussed and rehashed MANY times. Most people will find one fuel and if it works,stick with it. I have heard good and bad on BT.

i will take byron's 2000 formula 20% with 12% lubrication over blue thunder any time, my engines run cooler temps with byrons fuel and it doesn't kill the plugs as much.

Last edited:
Like I said,he should do a search,I really didnt want this to get into another fuel debate. It all depends what his LHS carries.

I used White Lighnting 30% race fuel last years for about 12 weekends and had no problems with it.

hmm, this a topic of interest for me as well since i've continued 2 run my truggy's engine on 20%/16 oil (trinity brew) for its 1st 1.5gal. gettin lotta suggestions on moving fuels. dont like odonnell. smell and clear in the tank.

-Ult

re

one final question, can i store the fule inside a wooden box? its not completly closed on all sides, only one side is uncovered, so can i store it inside it or does it have to be outside.

fuel is best stored in a closet in the house off the floor. consistant temps, and low humidity are key.

Back