Win a Proline body of your choice: RCNT Fantasy Football League!!

Go Back   RCNitroTalk > R/C Forums > Stadium Trucks

RC10GT Plus RTR (Just a couple questions)

Discussion in Stadium Trucks forum, started by AoD.

Unread 2-15-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
AoD
RCNT Talkaholic

Trader Feedback: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RC10GT Plus RTR (Just a couple questions)

Ok first, I'd like to say hello to all. I've had my RC for a little over a month. I've already learned the wrecking stages. Already went through a handful of parts and about 1.5 gallons of fuel.

First question is this. At the local shop the seller has a Hot Bodies .18 motor that will fit into most ".12 and .15 mounting spots". Will it fit into my RC10? I don't have any mods done yet except for the RPM replacement A-Arms for the front, since I trashed the right one last night. I want a little bigger engine for some bigger tires. And possibly some other things.

Now he says that the HB motors are "iffy" and the chance of getting a good one is about 50/50. Is this true? And if so, is there any other types of motors I could bolt into my RC10 without doing any serious chassis moding? (more than .15 if possible)

And, as for replacement parts, on to my next question. What parts should I replace on my RTR, for "quality" reasons. I learned about my A-Arms the hard way and saved more on buying the RPM replacements instead of the stock replacements. What else is there that I should replace before I trash. I already am going to buy a set of RPM replacement rear A-Arms. Blue as a matter of fact. I got new ball cups for my steering and camber assembly, RPM heavy duty of course. What else should I look forward to replacing?

And just a couple more miscellanous questions.

Is there a cool dunebuggy-ish body for the RTR?

Can I get a 125cc or something close fuel tank for my RC10 without chassis modifications?

Is there any other system of connecting things such as A-Arms to the mounts other than the pins and E-clips? (Something that can take more abuse than e-clips)

I think that about does it. Heh, sorry for the long list. Just been wondering and couldn't get an answer.

Unread 2-17-2003, 9:31 AM   #2
Nat'sRC
RCNT Rookie

Honestly, the hard way is probably the best way. The RC10GT will handle alot box stock. Personally, I let stuff wear out and threplace with something that won't!

Also, I would get to a point where breaking stuff is not an issue much and then ask around about really fast motors. Size and hp numbers can be deceiving. A hint: any rear exhaust, slide carb motor is going to be much more powerful, but both things require some thinking about how you will stuff them in your truck.

Unread 2-17-2003, 8:45 PM   #3
AoD
RCNT Talkaholic

That's what I wanted to know. About the motors that is. That HB motor looks nice, and the thing is with a trade-in it's only gonna cost about 70 bucks total. As for the rest... What I really need is a bigger gas tank