Another Identify My Inferno

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tovar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Can anyone here help to identify this car, make, model, engine? It's been sitting is storage for about 8 years. The writing on the engine says "OS MAX RX". I would like to try and get this running but I'm a little unsure what I will need. Other than the car there is also a Futaba Magnum Junior radio. Does anyone still sell parts for the car?

Thanks in advance!

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

You will need all the electrics and some new fuel from what i can see from the pic. Identification..can't help you.

Wonder what condition the engine is in? have u checked inside? 8 years is a long time for storage for an engine.

correct me but i tink it even has a steering servo saver.

looks suspisiously like a early kanai just looking at the alloy shocks etc

jon2 said:
Burns baby BURNS!!

I think its a turbo inferno....

the burns had the fuel tank next the engine didnt it?...could be mistaken...

but yea, tower will have everything you need

...those chassis braces look like after market pieces to me...or maybe its a very late model...dunno for sure

Last edited:
It's an original 1991-94 Inferno of some sort (mixture of parts). Turbo Inferno chassis, Inferno/Inferno DXII shocks, Duratrax front and rear chassis brace, DX or DXII steering linkage (Inferno and Turbo Inferno have dual Ackerman links), looks like a DX/DXII centre diff too (the Inferno and Turbo Inferno had an adjustable centre diff), Turbo Inferno wheels and wing, Kyosho hop-up aluminium radio posts, and I'm guessing Fybrelite shock towers and plates too.

I still run a Turbo Inferno along with my Kanai 3, stills loads of fun 10 years on!

About 99% of the parts still stocked by Tower Hobbies (despite some of them officially being discontinued!).

Hope that helps.

Back