Looking for good Charger and batteries for M8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james4302

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I'm looking for some good but not made of gold rechargable batteries for an m8.. also I was looking at the hobbico field charger or the superbrain 969 still undecided I know you guys can help...........Thanks James

Anyone have good or bad luck that there willing to share???

i love my hobbico charger. i can charge both my tx and rx packs at the same time. it also does lipo's for my micro heli. however its not that great for 7.2v packs for electrics cars since it can't charge at high amperage. if you need to charge 7.2 packs id heavily lean towards either the 969 or the triton.

CorradoPsi said:
i love my hobbico charger. i can charge both my tx and rx packs at the same time. it also does lipo's for my micro heli. however its not that great for 7.2v packs for electrics cars since it can't charge at high amperage. if you need to charge 7.2 packs id heavily lean towards either the 969 or the triton.
i got the 969 corrado :) awesome charger 1 by 1 though

My charger suggerstino is for you to check out the duratrax digital intelli peak. For 110 bucks, and with it's own ac convertor, you can't go wrong.

Brandon

i have a brand new 969 if anyone wants to buy it

crzy-svg-usr, you don't like it or something? I have the 959 and my only complaint is that I can't charge at anything less than 0.5 amps. I think the 969 goes down to 0.2 amps. My 959 is great for charging stuff up in a hurry. It plugs into my car battery which is ncie too.

For me I use normal AA batteries in my transmitter. They last pretty good (only have to change bats once ot twice a season). I use the superbrain to charge my hump packs, but I think you can find the overnight chargers (150 mAh) for really cheap. Those would probably suit me just as well as the superbrain. :shrug:

EDIT: oh and for my starter box, I use a cheapo $10 charger to charge up my gelcel. It's a 11 hour charger and works awsome for me.

I need to take some classes on how to charge my gel cel with my intelli peak.

This past weekend I bought some nimh aa's from radio shack and am going to give them a shot in the radio. and charging them

Brandon

bigfreak said:
crzy-svg-usr, you don't like it or something? I have the 959 and my only complaint is that I can't charge at anything less than 0.5 amps. I think the 969 goes down to 0.2 amps. My 959 is great for charging stuff up in a hurry. It plugs into my car battery which is ncie too.

For me I use normal AA batteries in my transmitter. They last pretty good (only have to change bats once ot twice a season). I use the superbrain to charge my hump packs, but I think you can find the overnight chargers (150 mAh) for really cheap. Those would probably suit me just as well as the superbrain. :shrug:

EDIT: oh and for my starter box, I use a cheapo $10 charger to charge up my gelcel. It's a 11 hour charger and works awsome for me.

what's the # of amps you dont want to exceed on charging your RX reciever battery pack?

Back