Rb Mods Crono Rs7

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rick has been known to have inflated claims......................

i only gave you the page as a reference, not the gospel.

i relize that... i never said it was true...

and i never went to rbmods when you gave me the link.. some guy was like "hey look at this" so i did and then i posted it in here..

Geeze I better sell out all my Novas and Rbs to buy 1 of those LOL
fastest motor known to man huh thats a pretty bold statement isnt it, must be hoping theres a few noobs out there,
I honestly dont think theres alot more point in power than the nova 421b or the Rb or os v-spec, you can only use as much as your tyres can handle and they have already got more than the tyre can bear, had to put the v-spec in that list for corrados peace of mind :)

thanks mike, my mind is at peace.

i had rick mod a os max .21 rg for me and i can tell you that on the lower end engines it makes a huge difference...me and husky24tn have put his v-spec and my rg side by side and i can actualy say it hung with the v-spec...now bear in mind that i run a 13 pound monster truck and he runs his xb8...the only downfall is that my rg takes a bit to get there but it performs rather well in my mt...as for the higher end engines i have never seen one of ricks run so i cannot make a judgment on that..just my $0.02 worth

like I've said this thing does really bad with sarcasm... if it really ws the fastest i think ud find a lot more people at the track with that engine..haha speed can be your worst enemy too...specially when it involves a wall or another buggy haha

biggy, isn't rick from TN too?

I have a modded P5 (not by RB Mods). I donno if this thread is serious or not, but I'll tell you straight up that modded engines should be left to ultra serious racers. I'm not one of those ultra serious racers. The explosive power my engine puts out is often just too much when I'm trying to keep it between the pipes.

I know it's not an opinion you hear often, but I feel there is such a thing as too much power.

you can have all the power in the world... you need to know how to use it to win...

rick is located in arkansas..but yes there is such a thing as too much power..in offroad anyways...but isnt it nice to know you have that much power..lol

honestly, if I did it again, I'd just get like an RG or something to learn with.

rick will not make any personal claims to power in numbers. however, i have seen some ludicrous statements made by other people about his engines. i have even heard him say (in person) that some of those remarks are exagerated by people who have no way to back up their claims, but one thing is for sure- his work is the best i have seen and I've seen a lot. while i still dont know everything about basic car set-up; i do know good work when i see it. that crono rs7 he mods is very powerful from the bottom all the way up to the top with no dead spots.

my v-spec was modded by him and it does have more power, rpm, better fuel economy, and runs lower temps than it did before, but the power curve is so smooth its something you would have to drive to believe. i wont make any claims in hp but i will say this mill is much better than anything you can buy in stock form, let alone what anyone else can do with one. ill be running my new rb mods crono 7 by spring and will keep you informed. from guys I've talked to, its a "pro motor" and is not for the inexperienced driver. the crono 7t (turbo plug) is almost unusable for anyone. i saw video of one in a buggy and the high pitched whine it let out was ear-piercing! i never thought a motor could handle rpm's that high but the guy says he has "a few gallons through it" and mainly races it just to show off the power. too bad he can't drive to the motors potential.

I have been thinking of geting an S5 done by him..

those things are absolutely unreal on the top end. decent low-end too.

Back