KO Propo or M8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyosho138

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys.. what do you think about theses 2 radios... I'm just stuck between the two... :shrug:

Ones very tried and tested, and the other is a bit harder to find.

I just went through the same thing, and got the m8

Brandon

how do you like that M8... what did you have in the past?

why is the m8 so popular?i know its a good radio but its got to be the chepest looking and feeling radio radio I've held.feels cheaper than my jag that came with my rtr.the 3pk and the top of the line jr feel,look so much nicer at around the same price.

id rather pay for performance rather than looks or feel...

you know I havn't gotten it yet. lol. It should be here early next week. i got a great deal on just a tx and module with a few extra crystal sets for 115 shipped. In almost new condition.

I bought it in anticipation of the spectrum stuff coming out in january.

I just liked the way it felt, and how easily it is to use. It has most of the features of the newer radio's, and on top of that airtronics has great customer service.

Brandon

let me know what you think of it..

I sure will. The only other one I was considering would have been the futaba. But since the m8 can be direct linked without transimitting. I really didn't see where I would have needed anything else.

Brandon

i used an M8 for a long time, and it was a great radio, i recently switched to the helios, and like it alot better, the trigger feel, is alot nicer, and the adjustments are easy to navigate, also got the wheel extension, and it makes it feel like there is no radio in my hand at all, i like the helios better

The ko propo's are good radios to.

so far, I have to say that my new to me m8 is a joy to work with. It does everything I need it to, and is pretty comfortable. Still havn't raced with it, but I have spent some time getting to know it and like it.

Brandon

Yeah I'm still thinking between the two..

untchbl said:
Ones very tried and tested, and the other is a bit harder to find.

I just went through the same thing, and got the m8

Brandon

how u like your drake 2?

i see you killed the spur gear. lol

Ok, so I used the m8 this past weekend, and have liked it so far. It was a bit heavier then what I was used to, but was very easy to use. This held true even during the race. I'm hopeing that with switching to li-poly batteries I can eliminate some of the weight.

Dibbs, the drake II is awsome. I won the sportsman main with it. I actually just lost the slipper clutch nut. Didn't hurt the spur gear at since it wasn't under power when it happened. I'm defenitly a converted AE guy now.

Brandon

Back