Just finished an '05 Mustang Lid....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought this lid just because I wanted to paint it. I am going to list it in the "For Sale" forum soon. I had a problem with some spotting here & there when shooting the chrome over the transparent orange, but it still looks killer in person... The carbon fiber hood really sets it off....

P1010001.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Last edited:
well you did it again.a nother fantastic paint job..damm your good.we should start a post just for you to show off are lids made buy you...your the man:yes:

Thanks man.... What can I say... I'm hooked on this airbrushing thing... I just need to get a bit more imaginative with em....

mine was pretty imaginative..it has inpressed every on that has seen it in person...

4169lid6.jpg

Work of art. You should start selling them on here.

he is thats how i got mine sent him a pm and he hooked me up

Soory Didn't realize it in the first post.

************Up For Sale************

Check the For Sale/Trade forum....

I would have to vouch that pictures do not do any of imbokens lids justice. You really have to see the depth of the paint jobs and the details in person to get the full effect.

sLY

Now how do you get that silver strip around the windows?

Another great body by ImBroken. I think I see a new body for my buggy on the horizon. :)

Originally posted by RatzoRC
Now how do you get that silver strip around the windows?

Basically, I take the easy route... lol After applying the window masks & painting the main colors, I carefully take my exacto knife & cut out a very thin border all the way around the window. I remove the tiny strip and shoot with chrome or black. It takes a little getting used to cutting a straight uniform line with an exacto. The trick is to just apply enough pressure to cut the masking, & slowly drag the knife holding it near the end of the handle. Helps it track better...

Dont give away your secrets Man! LOL

Originally posted by ImBroken

Basically, I take the easy route... lol After applying the window masks & painting the main colors, I carefully take my exacto knife & cut out a very thin border all the way around the window. I remove the tiny strip and shoot with chrome or black. It takes a little getting used to cutting a straight uniform line with an exacto. The trick is to just apply enough pressure to cut the masking, & slowly drag the knife holding it near the end of the handle. Helps it track better...

ImBroken another masterpiece, that looks sweet and I like the subject car. I happen to like Mustangs.

He's not giving any secrets away. Thats how I do it too.
Just when I do it, it looks like crapolla.
Takes a steady friggin hand.

:eek:mg omg man that is sweetttt. how much u gona sell that for? nice job. too bad i couldnt do that.

later

That Mustang is PIMP!

GREAT Job TJ!

Very nice lid!
Another great piece of art!

Back