Savage FLM and IRC build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddic

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
got a little more done to the FLM build , I don't care for the stock engine mount on this build may look into up grading the engine mount , I may all so go to a 16T CB instead of 17T to give a little more room for gear mesh ajustment and add alittle off the line power

100_2853.jpg

100_2850.jpg

100_2848.jpg

---------- Post added at 2:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:58 PM ----------

[/COLOR]here is the IRC build so far
100_2756-Copy.jpg

100_2790.jpg

100_2789.jpg

100_2783.jpg

100_2824.jpg

100_2825.jpg

100_2832.jpg

Last edited:
nice build so far :)

Last edited:
Very very nice engine, have fun. I like it!

I thanked you cause I like looking at shiny pictures lol. Seriously, nice build

Nice looking build. Those chassis plates are sweet looking and I like how you're also using the stock parts as well. That LRP .32 is a killer engine. I have one in my XL. Love it.

Nice build, which build do you think is better/stronger, I'm starting on a build and can't decide on what chassis to get.....

Nice build, which build do you think is better/stronger, I'm starting on a build and can't decide on what chassis to get.....

They both feel really heavy duty , the IRC set up is hard to get and he don't seem to be restock the mid tank kit but if you send Rob at innovative-rc e-mail he may hook you up.
As for the FLM easy to get and so far the weak link seem's to be the engine plate , I'm good at cracking engine plates LOL , the IRC engine plate looks to be Alot stronger , this spring I'll do a vid of a few jumps maybe a sheet of plywood on the side of my truck should be good for a average basher toughness test

Few more parts came for the IRC build :D

100_2856.jpg

100_2854.jpg

can some one help me with dimensions on the rear tank support for the IRC mid tank mod , can't get my hands on one so I make something work , Thanks for you info and help

New ERCM pipe came today for one of the LRP.32's , not sure what build I'm gona put it on yet FLM or IRC what evre build it fits on better will get the end bleed and other will get the side bleed

100_2865.jpg
[/IMG]

Got the ofna throttle/brake mod mostly done but need to trim the horn and I'm still experimenting with throttle return spring , gona go with a light spring set up and latter I will throw on a nitro kill switch , allso finish the tank up just need my flm drag link to get here and go from there

100_2876.jpg
[/IMG]

100_2871.jpg

100_2875.jpg
[/IMG]

100_2876.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Rolex , have you ran 3.2 on any of your basher's , looking to see how good they work out be for I pick up a set of SPI basher wheels

---------- Post added at 7:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:48 PM ----------

You better get more wax, he's catching up fast..:rolex:

LOL as for the wax there will be none gona put a beating on this truck , building a IRC as well gona do a test to see what one is a better basher for me , I din't get to far on the IRC build yet

100_2825.jpg
[/IMG]

With that trans that low, it sure should help with chewing up center cups! If I can't figure somethign out with mine... I'll be getting some FLM plates... or ask a buddy of mine to work on making a set for me.

Have you thought about putting a ball cup on that throttle linkage vs z-bend? May let you get the wires a little further apart and will help avoid getting slop as you use it.

Good looking rig!

With that trans that low, it sure should help with chewing up center cups! If I can't figure somethign out with mine... I'll be getting some FLM plates... or ask a buddy of mine to work on making a set for me.

Have you thought about putting a ball cup on that throttle linkage vs z-bend? May let you get the wires a little further apart and will help avoid getting slop as you use it.

Good looking rig!

Thanks olds97 ,there is a bit of slop on the Z bend and there is only 2mm of clearance between the two links , the ball cap set up will give me more clearance and take out more slop making throttle response even sharper , that so simple but yet a GREAT TIP thanks again , I'll be doing that for sure

I may not make em purdy, but I do not care for slop! lol

Keep up with the pics, may motivate me to do something besides burn fuel and chew up axles!

well I'm having I hard time placing the battery pack on the FLM build with the ofna 250 tank , I am a basher so am having a hard time putting the pack on the front or the rear , if I take a good hit on ether end it hurt the pack or the truck , I need all the bumper room for exsorbing the 15+ foot bad landings , I allso played around with a traxxs style flat pack box it looks better on the side but I feel it needs to be more in the center to keep a good air controll being I spend 40% of my run time in the air LOL , I think next time I have some cash I'll go talk to a friend that owns (the track@ harbor hobbies) see if he can hook me up with a lipo set up that may fit better , I would like to put it on the inside rear but the hump pack is to close to the header .

open to all idea's :D

heres how i did it. (sorry for blurry pics, camera puked out and had to use ipod)

i cut a stock 2011 engine mount to fit in the area behind motor, and attached a brace and drilled out 2 holes to fot big screws. then i took a black tmaxx rx box and cut exess between screw tabs and bottom(cut flush) then i screwed the base to the plate, installed my switch and Rx and screwed the box to base. drilled to holes in the box to zippy-tie battery to top
i been eyeing an orange aluminum rx box for revo, but no clear answers yet on the dimensions

my problem is that there is enough room between motor and plate for a pullstart, just not a losi pull/spin start, or just a losi pullstart (its too thick)

batterybox5.gif

batterybox4.jpg

chassis7.jpg

Back