A word to the wise!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuy

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
If you have something delivered to your house, make sure that you require a signature or pick it up directly from UPS/FedEx. I did not receive my delivery so from now on I will have all deliveries held at the destination shipping facility or require an actual person to accept the delivery.
For years I have had no problems with deliveries. This one time has probably changed that for forever. :angry:

It's balancing risk of theft with convenience of delivery. Where I live, it's highly unlikely that something will disappear from my front porch. Heck, I can't count the number of times I've left keys in the ignition of unlocked vehicles overnight. But I live in a rural community with good neighbors, and we just don't have the kind of juvenile foot traffic that is usually responsible for vandalism and theft. Plus, I'd wager that 70% or 80% of the residences out here have at least one adult home during the day; I work from home, my neighbor to the East and the North also do, neighbor to the South has a stay-at-home wife, as does the one to the West. As well, get caught stealing in a rural community like this, one had better hope it's by law enforcement, not the owner. There's a good reason we just plain don't have home invasions out here........

But if you live in an urban apartment complex or on a busy suburban street, yeah-probably don't want valuable items left at your door for the taking by unscrupulous strangers.

Or just get to know your delivery people. I know all the guys/girls who work my area. They all know to either put it on my screened in back porch, or in the shed beind the garage.

Ebay & paypal weren't very sympathetic either lol. In the end this is my fault through a series of small mistakes:

*I didn't use the tracking feature in the confirmation email until it was too late. Honestly, I did not even see the part to click on to track until way after the package was delivered. I KNOW I read through that email more than once and I still didn't catch it.

*My security camera that I have watching my front porch was not connected. I unplugged all the wires to my tv and never reinstalled my camera/dvr system when I installed my blu ray player.

*I should have required a signature or had it delivered to a neighbor I know would be home.

Apparently I was lulled into a false sense of security. Hindsight is 20/20!!
Hopefully someone else can learn from my mistakes.

Update!!

My boys just gave me my package that I ordered. Apparently some lady had the box at her house and just now dropped it off here. How in the hell can FedEx screw this up and swear up and down that it was dropped off at my house?!
Unfortunately, my boys didn't find out where she lives so that I can tell FedEx where it was originally dropped off at.

Apparently some lady had the box at her house and just now dropped it off here.

At least she was honest, and I suspect today was the earliest convenient time for her to do you a favor. Ain't her responsibility to go out of her way to correct a carrier screw-up. Personally, I'd be very thankful.

Back