Sold / Found Ofna .21 Race 8 Port Motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wademcgee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here is the complete skinny on this motor. I received it used, but in great shape...I thought I would leave it as a backup. Well the time came to use it and I found the main bearing was TOAST. Basically bumped it on the starter and heard the noise, didn't try again. In searching the net, I could not find a main bearing for this particular motor. It was cheaper to just buy a new case with new bearings already installed. I figured since I was in there I'd go ahead and do a new Piston, sleeve, and rod. So basically you get the best of all worlds, new piston, sleeve, rod, case, and bearings. The only used items are the carb and the head, which is the really nice large silver one. The only problem at all is one of the outside corners on the back plate. There is a cracked corner, but it does not in any way effect the performance of the motor, but I could not seem to find a replacement. I will take pics of the area as well, but it isn't an issue. I can take pics later. I broke the engine in on the bench with the heat cycle method, so it is ready to go. I'd run another 3-5 super fat tanks then tune it to race.

Priced to move:
$95.00 shipped.
I'll try to take some pics in a bit if needed, but this is a killer price for basically a new screaming .21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back