a few problems with LoSi MRC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
been running my MRC for about a week now and i have noticed a few things....first off sometimes the rig will completely stop responding to any throttle input...it will still steer but won't go forward of backward...when this happens it only last for about 30 seconds and it comes back....also when it happens there is a red flashing light on the Esc which goes off when it comes back....is this a low voltage cutoff or a over heat cutoff or something....

also i notice that the steering setup messes me up a lot...the big servo horn ( i guess its called) sticking out an inch from the front gets hung up on everything...is there any other setup i could use or some way to modify this to eliminate/relocate this piece....

thanks for any help you can throw my way...

thanks for you input but i have a question....which may be stupid...ok it probably is stupid...but what does this kit accomplish...in the pics it looks like pretty much the same setup mine has...servo mounted on top of the axle with the horn coming out of the front...also i have another question...i have been in a few situations where i would have liked to have a little more steering power...in some situations the wheels just wont turn due to being up against a rock or something...is there a way to install a bigger steering servo....a kit of some kind or is that just something ill have to make...

A hitec 645mg is a really popular servo to use on the mrc's. Alot more power than stock.

Yeah that kit doesn't really help your situation out much, the horn will remain out in front. I'm pretty sure theres not a behind the axle steering option for them since theres no room. A higher tq servo and a good alum horn and it wont be a big deal really to be hitting the horn on rocks...

If you dont wanna make a mount, heres one for the full size servo...

http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/losi-mr...1.html?zenid=96d1c2ed918ac051a0cb87857122fc92

Last edited:
No its bigger, its a "standard" size and yours is a mini servo so yes you would need the mount.

another quick question....is the stock steering servo from a xl5 stampede stonger than the mini servo that came on the MRC...i figure it is but is it enough stronger to be worth swapping them out...i have a mount for a full size servo already but i don't have any other servo on hand...also i wanted to weight down my tires...what is a good effective amount of weight front and rear...also i would love to hear some suggestions on tires...the stock ones just don't bite like i feel they should....thanks guys...

Last edited:
Any standard size servo thats stock and not a stock mini servo, would be more oz. But the problem is, is that the Traxxas "blue" servos, are plastic geared, and one wrong turn with a tire wedged in the rocks=bye bye servo.

As far as hitting your servo horn, slowngreen is right on, just pick the lines out better and just be slow n steady, just imagine your MRC as a full size 1:1 crawler, all the physics take into effect when you downsize into RC.

Why your esc stops for 30s periods, would either say your running hot, wrong battery setup in the esc, or may be your lipo cutoff. Usually if its the cut off, it will stop, still be able to steer and every 15-20 seconds you will have like 3-5 seconds of throttle time until it stops again.

If niether of the esc problems explaned above work, run though your wiring, make sure everything if propery soldered, wired & not snagging on anything exposing the wire because exposed wires with a little damage to the actual wires, will cause a glitchyness.

thanks hpi killer...ill use the traxxas servo untill i can get a better one...any input on wheel weight or tire choice?...thanks

BTW i am still using all the stock electronics exept for the servo (well soon as i get home)...so i don't think it would be a lipo cutoff maybe its gettin hot...ill keep an eye on it..thanks

thanks hpi killer...ill use the traxxas servo untill i can get a better one...any input on wheel weight or tire choice?...thanks

BTW i am still using all the stock electronics exept for the servo (well soon as i get home)...so i don't think it would be a lipo cutoff maybe its gettin hot...ill keep an eye on it..thanks

I am not sure on the MRC's tire size, but I would assume they use a 1.9 wheel/tire combo, in that case I would go with the Hot Bodies Rover tire in the red compound, or you can go with a more scale tire like the Proline TSL Swampers or RC4WD Rok Lox.

I ran the Pitbull Rockbeast 2.2 on my XR10 when I had her, and those were AMAZING tires, they would climb wet, dry,slick,dusty & muddy surfaces no problem. They just released the same tire in the 1.9 so I would really assume that they are just as badass, so maybe go with that tire because thats what I would choose if I ran 1.9s (2.2s are a wide ass tire, too wide for my taste)

As far as weights, I think 3-5oz up front and 1 ounce in the rear would be fine. Maybe not so much depending if any other crawler gurus have ran the MRC and or would think thats too much weight.

Heres the Pitbull website, they sell both 1:1 tires and R/C tires so check them out
http://www.pitbulltires.com/rockbeast.php
-
I also use a variety of sites for crawling needs
www.eastendmachining.com
www.amainhobbies.com
www.rpphobby.com
www.ckrccrawlers.com
www.RC4WD.com

Even a simple google search for what you need will do the trick.

Last edited:
thanks for all the help guys...I'm sure ill be back with more questions...thanks in advance..lol

I just picked up some of the Pit Bull Rock Beast 1.9's for my scaler project because I have heard nothing but good things about them and was told they work great in all types of terrain and conditions and only get better the more you drive them, but for a comp type crawler I think I would probably have to agree with Lloyd and go with the Rovers, it is what I run on my 2.2 comp rig and they are great all around tire as well.

so guys i have another question for you...i've decided to go with the rovers...ill probably order them tommorow..and i really want some beadlocks so i don't have to deal with gluing them...i can't quite swing the 120.00 for the aluminum beadlocks from losi so i got to looking around and found these http://www.ebay.com/itm/AXIAL-AX8087-BEADLOCK-8-HOLE-WHEELS-2-BLACK-1-9-NEW-/390303882299?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4527123506003501245...my question is there any problems with these wheels...are the made well...basically are they worth buying or should i just wait till i can swing some better ones...opinions

Those are fine. I ran them, but in white, on my last mini.

cool..ill get those to go along with my rovers

also how can i get a little more steering out of my steering...hmmm...what i mean is how can i make my steering cut deeper...
i would also like to make my rig a little wider....i found some big aluminum hexs but they look like they would be almost to wide....what do you guys think...whats the best route to widen this thing out a little...

Last edited:
no tips one how to make this this steer deeper....or widening it out....
i know i ask a lot of questions....sorry...lol...