Slowngreens 2011 comper...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
She is on her way to my house as we speak. I'm going to build and run her and see what I like/dislike before deciding if its my new rig or if I will stick with my bully based rig for now.

Parts list.

AXIAL XR10 AXLES
EAST END MACHINING SNG HC CHASSIS OR BODILESS (still deciding)
DUAL HOLMES HOBBY BR-XL ESC'S W/CASTLE BEC
4S LIPO
40T TEAM BROOD MOTORS
STARTING OFF WITH LEOPARDS THEN GOING TO SEDONA'S
HITEC 7950 SERVO AT 7.4V (486 oz of tq)
FUTABA 4PK TX/RX

PICS COMING LATER TODAY!!!!

Last edited:
Somehow I think you will have yours built and on the rocks before I even cut open a package on mine. LOL

Somehow I think you will have yours built and on the rocks before I even cut open a package on mine. LOL

You havent started? Slacker lol.

any pics? i wanna see this badboy!!

Not tonight. All I got done was the axles then called it good for the night.

aww man.. They look so sexy, and i want to get into crawling with possibly this truck.

heres some pics...

Some of the parts I'll use.

001-151.jpg

Part of the assembly of the front axle.

002-136.jpg

003-114.jpg

004-100.jpg

Had to make new uppers and lower rears but used the stock rear lowers as front lower after adding a 22* bend to them.

006-67.jpg

007-63.jpg

Cool. Any idea on teh theory as to why the rear links are lower than the fronts?

Your looking at it backwards. The rears are higher. It gives you alot more clearance on ledges and such.

Nice rig, so far. Keep the pics coming.

You Lucky Dog, I wish I could get one, one day one day, LOL!!!! I kike what I see so far Lloyd, it will be interesting to see how it works with a aftermarket chassis, we definitely need some video of this beast on the rocks....

Thanks guys. Its not a bad kit and for the price its a good way to get started into moa compers for a newb BUT its nothing "special" or revolutionary by no means, but it is another set of moa axles to compete with berg, bully and mosi's which I like. Definatly need alot of upgrades to aluminum like knuckles and c's and so on to make it very durable and it has horrible turning in stock form also.....All can be fixed though.

Dang man thats really nice lookin so far keep the pics comin

Did a quick paint job earlier.

004-101.jpg

005-83.jpg

Looks nice for a quick paint job, but not what I have come to expect from you after seeing the last several paint jobs you have done, LOL!!!!! as for the steering what is limiting it in stock setup? it looked pretty adjustable when I saw it at the Axial WCC in june with the team drivers running them, didn't really notice any issues, but you have one so you would know better then me, LOL!!!

Lol yeah yeah, I dont like this body that much so I didnt take the time to lay down anything fancy. And well the steering isnt horrible as far as steering goes, I just think they should have got rid of any ackerman to begin with and I hate how the servo mounts with the horn either down or up, both in really vulnerable positions imo.

I knew you would be finished before I even got started.

Looking great Lloyd.