Tide clean!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! As for your body mounts you can put a cross brace in the front and rear with a hole in the center for a body mount post.

Kinda like this
DSCF1353Small.jpg

that's more of what I was thinking.

another quick mock up, this time with the tranny mounted.

P1030215.jpg

P1030209.jpg

I mounted the tranny towards the front, that, coupled with the rear pinion angled up keeps the drive shafts from binding with the suspension at full droop. It's as simple as that really.

AND

When i get some angled rear links, the rear shaft will be up and out of the way.
P1030210.jpg

Do you plan on keeping the rear axle pinion angle clocked that far up? Or is it just like that because you don't have any upper links? Rule of thumb is you want it to follow the lower links or just above slightly so the rear drive line is not getting hung up on things. You might also want to go with bent links in the rear if you can to take advantage of the HC Chassis.

Do you plan on keeping the rear axle pinion angle clocked that far up? Or is it just like that because you don't have any upper links? Rule of thumb is you want it to follow the lower links or just above slightly so the rear drive line is not getting hung up on things. You might also want to go with bent links in the rear if you can to take advantage of the HC Chassis.

I have to angle the rear pinion that high to ease the angle coming off the tranny when the suspension is at full droop.

is there another reason I shouldn't have it angled like that, something I'm not thinking about?

I did mention angled rear links, going to start with aluminium then move on to delrin.

Back