Glow Plug Wire, Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoVert

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a T-Maxx and now a Revo and I have tested the glow plug wire on both. They do not work. I took the glow plug out and connected the wire, plugged in the starter battery and hit the button a few times. The glow plug in neither of the trucks got red. What is the purpose of the glow plug wire?? When I watch the Revo DVD they demonstated the use of the GP wire by connecting it the same way and it worked, but I do not get the same results. I have generally used a glow plug heater, anyway....

Anybody else see the same thing

Its a failed attempt to offer the user a way to start the rig without having to haul around a lot of equipment. They usually work well if your starter battery is fully charged. When it starts to get low the harder time it has trying to supply the plug with enough juice to heat it properly and crank the mill over.

You may have a bad wand if its failing to heat either of them. Again, try a fully charged battery.

I will try, I just bought a new one. Thanks bro.

I may be kind of stupid right now, but did you touch the plug to something metal when you were testing it? If you don't ground the plug, it will never work. :doh:

I may be kind of stupid right now, but did you touch the plug to something metal when you were testing it? If you don't ground the plug, it will never work. :doh:

That is true, but only if you are using the wire. :bandit:

I have not had that problem with the wire but noticed that the insulation has a few cuts from the cooling head. Also its anoying to connect/disconnect everytime you have to check the glowplug or do the after run maintenance. I switched to glow plug igniter and pullstart.