high idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishballs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My 3.3 seems to idle high when it warms up, even though I have the idle screw turned out as far as I can. Whats up? Also, I notice when I accelerate hard it pulls to the right. Anyone know why? Its a revo by the way.

As for the idle, read this article: http://www.nitroreview.com/hintstips/ParisRacingEngineTuningTechTips.pdf

There's a high liklihood that your settings are too lean. If adjusting your idle screw doesn't affect idle, or has little affect on the idle, it's typically due to a LSN or HSN being completely out of wack.

My guess is that it's probably running lean on the LSN and possibly the HSN. What are your engine temps after driving it for a few minutes? 210F-260 is where you want to be. 270+ may cause damage or premature wear. Some engines like to run hot though, but not many last long when running in excess of 280F.

Pulling to the right on acceleration could be something binding in your suspension or drivetrain. There's a lot of little things to bind on a revo. Bent shock shaft, too tight of a pillow ball, bent push rod, cracked arm, rusty/damage bearing in the wheel hub or diff (usually wheel hub), binding/bent rocker post... lots of things to check.