major wreck, purchased a TC3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS4 SS Type R

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well the other day when I went out to run my RS4, I had some radio interence and lost control of the car and it sped bout 35 mph+ into the sidewalk bending the very front of the chassis, cracking the body post support mount, bent my front drive shaft to a 45 degree angle and my fuel tank cracked right in half. The bad part is that I had just got it fixed and this happened. I'm having some bad luck with this thing. But I took everything off the chassis, cleaned it up real good stuck it in a vice and flattened out the front part as best as I could. Fortunately the part that bent was in fron of were you mount the front diff. so I can handle my body posts and front bumper being a little off. The damage is less than 20 bucks now that I was able to straighten out the chassis. But I am setting aside my RS4 for a few months, cause I just ordered a TC3. going to put the .12SS motor in it. And see how it runs. Will be ordering the parts I need to my my RS4, and then save up for the .15SS motor and plug that in there. And put my red pinion gears in it too. I will be getting my TC3 in the mail on wednesday and I should have it built within a few days since I have to work during the week. Hopefully I wont have any bad luck with the TC3, but it will be nice this summer to have both cars running against each other!!

Bummer on the crash happy days on the new car:banana:

FYI the 12ss is faster then the 15ss more HP... check out HPI websight for hp #s...

the reason made for it is due to .12 being the racing class engine more dev time and so on yada yada.. just hate to see ya spend more $ thinking it will go faster..

i keep thinking of buying a 8 port for my sav and sticking the 21bb in my tg10, since the mounts are there for a big block..

Congrats on the TC3! You will love it!

Bad luck on the crash - happens to the best of em'

I love wrecks. Something better always comes out of it. If its broke, upgrade it. Thats what I say. Whether its new parts or a new car.... I love wrecks! :)

Thanks for the info between the two motors, I was thinking though the other day converting my RS4 into a Rally type car, I read somewhere the .15SS is better for offroad use, or I might look at other engines too I dont know yet, it will be down for awhile so I'm sure I will change my mind on what I want to do with it. But i will use my TC3 as a race car and later on upgrade to a better engine for that.
Yeah I think crashes are good at times too cause it does give you a reason to upgrade, I should have bought a TC3 in the first place but I'm getting one now so thats all that matters. I like the RS4 SS though, its a good durable kit. But I want something that has alot of potential. And the TC3 has that.

you wont be disapointed with the NTC3. Great car, except for that eggplant pipe. :)

Looks like I will have to buy an engine for my TC3, cause the HPI .12ss is a standard long crank, and the TC3 wont accept it, but its all good, going to be placing a big order to tower to get my RS4 back on the road, and getting a trinity/Sirio .12 engine for my TC3, since I thought my HPI motor would work I got the side exhaust TC3 kit, well the engine I am getting is a rear exhaust so now I have to spend 60 bucks for the muffler header and all the non pull start stuff. getting another radio for my hpi car so it can run around again, and the parts I need for that car. both cars will be running soon!!

You might want to upgrade on the exhaust, either get the high torque, or high hp exhaust.

If money is an issue, you won't need to get the non-pullstart motor mounts and flywheel. That can always come later.

BTW, take some pictures of the car before you run it. While it's still clean...hehe.

What kind radio and servos will be on the car? Will you have computer radio or just regular FM or AM?

Got a failsafe or throttle return?

you picked a good car...why?...because I have the same car.

I will look into the exhaust, money isnt really an issue right now, the radio is an fm 3 channel airtronics with 94102Z servos I do believe, there descent servos I think,no fail safe I should get one cause thats how my RS4 wrecked, lost radio signal or somthing, and I picked the car cause I've heard alot of good things bout them, plus I've seen AGM-130's car, and its just an awesome car.

My setup is an O.S. CV-r with hp pipe. Lynx 3d computer radio. I think I have generic servos. But they work. I also have a failsafe and recently installed a throttle return although i need a high torque servo because my servo just isn't cutting it. So for the time being, i don't use it.

Also, I got various hop-ups including upgraded chassis and radio tray. I'm down to 1485g. I think ntc3's got a lot of potential.

Definately get a fail safe. Make sure you get it. I crashed my Ofna OB4 because I didn't have it. Radio went dead.

Also, my failsafe has activated on numerous occasions when I ran it and didn't bother to charge it.

You picked a good car.

:banana: Nice choice, I'm a n00b to the sport so I am getting the hpi rs4 ss. Maybe you will sell yours to me? PM me soon..Yeah. Nice choice with the new car.:banana:

I'm keeping my RS4, just got the parts today and its all fixed. The TC3 still needs an engine, but I hope to not crash anymore, going to put on a throttle return spring on my HPI so the car wont go crazy if I lose my radio signal. going to get a starter box next, then a motor for my TC3. Theres an OS .12 motor that puts out 1.3BHP and has an rpm range from 3000-38000 rpm and its rear exhaust so thats what I am going to put in my TC3 I think, but I am constantly changing my mind only time will tell what I decide to get.

Congrats on the car. And I know how you feel ! Before i had my T-maxx the same thing happend to me when i had my buggie and it sucks when it crashes into a sidewalk.....