revo roll cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello i have been looking into roll cages for my 2.5 and i seen this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-RC-Rol...ryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i guess its a rc solutions knock off but its also much cheaper i guess my question is have any of you tried this cage and is a roll cage really worth almost the pound of weight your adding to your truck? and what are the bad sides of having a roll cage?
Thanks!

hello i have been looking into roll cages for my 2.5 and i seen this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-RC-Rol...ryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i guess its a rc solutions knock off but its also much cheaper i guess my question is have any of you tried this cage and is a roll cage really worth almost the pound of weight your adding to your truck? and what are the bad sides of having a roll cage?
Thanks!

Hi scoobydoo2u,

the only reason for me not to go with one of these was access to filters and pretty bulky appearance. The original (I don't know what this one is @ a little more than half the price) must be one tough cookie. I went and am happy with the one form www.rcraveninc.com, they also sell on ebay, mine was $20.00
I know talon is selling a revo roller plus with such a cage, and if he hasn't put it on ebay he'll surely make you a deal. :eek:)

Good luck with your selection.
REVOME

That looks a whole lot like a knock-off of the RC Solutions cage. Many members here have the RCS cages and swear by them. They're good if you plan on bashing a lot. They'll protect your engine and add strength to the chassis.

I know talon is selling a revo roller plus with such a cage, and if he hasn't put it on ebay he'll surely make you a deal. :eek:)

Good luck with your selection.
REVOME[/QUOTE]

Well, Talon was selling it. I'm the one buying it for a project I have in mind.

Mea Culpa!
My general-reading capabilities must s*ck then, today... I had not followed the post close enough.
Scooby, sorry, misleading information, turn around, don't go there, watch the telephone pole!

Last edited:
I'd suggest getting a RCS cage as well, granted it's a more but at least you're not supporting those whom rip off other people.

-Michael

hmm ok thanks i may go for RCS cage then.. :marshall:

RC Cages are tough for bashing. I had a couple. They ahve protected my investment time and again. Knock offs just promote nothing than the idea of copying from the best cage. Many will do it I am sure but the original is the best. Anything else is junk.

The RCS cage is the cats ass......the best on the market bart non......

but there are other that will "do the job" Roll cage city for one....different design and idea....but it works.

And HAMZ9561 is right he bought mine........:)

Thanks Hamz

The RCS cage is the cats ass......the best on the market bart non......

but there are other that will "do the job" Roll cage city for one....different design and idea....but it works.

And HAMZ9561 is right he bought mine........:)

Thanks Hamz

i do really want a RCS cage but 130 bucks is kinda crazy for something i dont know if i will even use

Oh if you are thinking of getting a cage....

YOU WILL USE IT..........the thing about a cage is you dont need it until you go over the edge or too high on a jump or 15 rolls on a rocky surface.....then you need it!!!

SO you can replace parts or buy the cage...;)

I've got a roll cage for my Revo 3.3 from Hard Body'z. If you want a cage that looks awesome, check em out at www.hbzusa.com. Style wise, they look way better than the others and has held up to my abuse.

I have the RC Solutions cage, a bitch to install (you will never want to take it off) but it is damn tough.

Had a hard day at some local dirt bike jumps, got lots of air and a fair few landings on the roof, lots of rear end landing too.

Rearcagebend.jpg

RevosideshotDIRTY.jpg

Back