Violator Shaft Start Plate

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This weekend I headed to Queens United RC to run my Ofna Violator with some of the folks in QURC. Pics and Videos to be posted soon.

My Violator has the stock force .26 that is started by a shaft start system. After running a couple of tanks I turned off the buggy and let it rest. After about 1/2 hour I filled up the fuel tank and tried to start the car and it wouldnt start. I checked the needles, glow plug, ignitor, engine compression etc., batteries. The shaft was in contact with the plate, and was turning the engine as it always does but nothing except the sound of the engine turning. Then I noticed the engine shaft start plate was missing a screw and whenever I ran the shaft start system the plate would vibrate forward and back but it still seemed firmly on the engine. I have ordered the screw for this plate but am wondering if this the reason why my engine wouldn't start? Any thoughts/experiences with this engine/plate would be appreciated.

FYI-I have used the engine a bunch of times and with no problems.

Last edited:
So was the shaft start system in contact with everything to turn the engine over and everything? Was the 1-way bearing actually doing it's job, or was everything just turning except for the motor?

YUP in contact with everything and the bearing was doing its job. I hit the throttle once or twice, it fired up and turned off right away. I hope its the back plate thats causing an air leak, any more thoughts WA2FAST?

Yeah, it could be... if you didn't have any problems before, that is more than likely what the issue is. See what happens.

Back