Hyper 7 shock tower...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I just noticed that my rear shock tower is bent, slightly, but still enough to affect it every time I drive it. So, basically, I need a new one, and am open to suggestions. I searched before posting and came up dry. I'd prefer not to spend that much money tho. So far the only ones I've found are the PCR ones, and the
CF ones. Tower has the CF one for like $26, and the lhs can order the PCR one for like $50....a bit more than I'd like to spend. So my question is, has anyone used the carbon fiber tower, and have they ever broken it? And, what other shock towers are out there that'd fit it? Also, I think I recall hearing somewhere that the MP 7.5 or MP777 shock towers fit the hyper 7 :shrug: I don't know tho, maybe I'm gettin it confused w/ something else....

BTW, this is a rear shock tower.

Thanks in advance!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCWB8&P=7

Last edited:
I don't knwo if you can use kyosho towers, but you could either bend it back or buy one on ebay. They are cheap there. If you have two you could double up and have a nice strong tower.

a lot of 7.5 parts are interchangeable w/ MBX 9.5 parts.....I don't know about the Hyper series though....CF towers work inthe rear as long as your wing will stay above it...if not they get trashed every timeyou flip on the lid

Man, I have not been thinkin right today...first I forget about vb's pull-string tip, and I forgot about ebay, lol. Sorry. Anyway, I'm browsing ebay right now...lots of CF towers...not many of the PCR ones.....man I REALLY wish fiorini made stuff for the hyper 7...I just love the way that stuff looks!

I'll find out for you if the kyosho stuff fits. Gimme a bit.

Hey thanks, I have plenty of time, I have 3 days before the funds get added to the PP account...

Any other brands out there that make shock towers for the hyper 7? I searched racer's edge, ratzas, eck tec, fiorini...nothing but the PCR stuff is all I've found... I also found some GPM ones on ebay that ship from the UK, but cannot find them on the gpm site...

Last edited:
Thanks IMB, actually two of the ones you mentioned were the stock ones. I'd kind of prefer to go w/ something stronger than stock, so it doesn't happen again at the track.
And I actually saw all those that you showed me. I'm just not sure of the CF stuff, because on the stock one, the screw ended up making the hole bigger on the top of the shock tower, so I'm a little worried about that happening w/ the CF one, and also if it were to hit something real bad if it would be possible for it to snap.
And the one beefy one on ebay I'm not too sure of because it looks like a PCR knock-off, so I'm still deciding on which of those on ebay to get.
But I'm still lookin for any other brand that makes towers for the H7.

that first one with the link that shows the CNC one is the way to go. I have that one and had no problems with it. I can tell you might buggy has had some bad crashes. Really bad, but the shock tower is fine.

I snapped my rear cf tower. I have now upgraded to the 6mm 7075 one. Can't go wrong! It'll take some beating to bend that!
Also found that my front 5mm cf tower was broken when I did a tear down earlier this week. I now have the stock one back on and i'm waiting for a new 6mm 7075 one.

I've got a Hyper 7 Pro and it has the CF shock towers, radio tray, and steering plate. They work great, can't tell you how many times i've sent this buggy tumbling and i never break ANYTHING. here's a pic of it, i'd say go with the CF towers, cause even the PCR towers could still POSSIBLY bend cause they are still aluminum.

100_1401.jpg

100_1400.jpg

UOTE=X-Terminator Racer]I've got a Hyper 7 Pro and it has the CF shock towers, radio tray, and steering plate. They work great, can't tell you how many times i've sent this buggy tumbling and i never break ANYTHING. here's a pic of it, i'd say go with the CF towers, cause even the PCR towers could still POSSIBLY bend cause they are still aluminum.

[/QUOTE]

ya don't say.....lol.

(inside joke guys, no need to flame)

Back